Putting an L bumper on a reg F-150

SADF

Established Member
My body man and close friend has my old bumper which I gave to him when he did some work to my, including the DGM front bumper which replaced it. He wants to put my old, stock L front bumper on his SuperCrew, but has come to find that Ford wants a shitpot of money for the understructure or what have you. I'm not sure what all he needs, but does anyone have any suggestions on where he may be able to pick up the supporting hardware to make this work?

slammedi'am

Established Member
it will work with his stock chrome bumper too.just have to get 2 brackets i think to support the bottom and foglights.

operator1391

Established Member
all he has to do is remove the thin pice of plastic that is attached to the top and bottom of the bumper, and just buy the 2 supporting brackets if it dosent have them already.After the two pices have been removed the L bumper should just sit on the f150's bumper. He may need to buy the screws that were taken out L bumper when it was replaced, zip ties will also help with the punch tabs that might be missing, hope this helps

SADF

Established Member
Anyone know where he can get the brackets. I think this is the issue he is having. Said they wanted like $600 from Ford

slammedi'am

Established Member
the 2 brackets arent that much.the piece you are refering to is what the chrome bumper will support.the other brackets are pretty cheap

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
I'll get you the part numbers for the brackets on Monday.

Also keep in mind about the grille surround. Look at the center where it does not drop down on the Expy. The L follows the dip in the bumper.

svtthunder1.jpg

SADF

Established Member

Also keep in mind about the grille surround. Look at the center where it does not drop down on the Expy. The L follows the dip in the bumper.

svtthunder1.jpg

Thanks, Eric :beer:

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Alright.

You will need 4 brackets to bolt the bumper cover to the main bumper.

Drivers upper bracket: XL3Z-17E856-AB
Passengers upper bracket: XL3Z-17E856-AA
Drivers lower bracket: 1L3Z-17E856-BA
Passengers lower bracket: 1L3Z-17E856-BA

Hardware that you will need.

Clips:
N806728-S428 (X4)
W704823-S301 (X6)

Bolts:
W704875-S424 (X6)

The other 4 bolts are standard ford bolts that you could find in a pile of bolts almost anywhere.

If you want or just for someone else. Here is the part number for the main bumper under the bumper cover: XL3Z-17757-AB

illness

Established Member

svtthunder1.jpg

yea only on the 97-98 expys.. the 99 and newer have the same grille surround a Lightning does

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
^^^^^

True. However it's being installed on a Super Crew and I have no idea what type of surround it has on it.

That is why I said to keep it in mind. I'd be bummed if I didn't think about that and went to install the bumper and it looked like the above pic. Thats just me though.

Users who are viewing this thread