Putting a blu-ray player in your vehicle...

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
Would it be possible to install something like this [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003A7X7WI/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B003E91KM6&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=05FFWDZSFPT144ZEJ1GB]Amazon.com: ASUS USB 2.0 6x Blu-Ray Combo External Optical Drive SBC-06D1S-U…[/ame] up to a car's in dash?

I've seen other slim external blu-ray drives that would fit in the lower DIN opening of mustang's and think it would be pretty cool to put one there since there aren't any serious plans to bring blu-ray tech to in-dash stereo's any time soon. I believe panasonic showed off a full DIN unit a few years ago but nothing came of it.

I know you could hide a full size blu-ray player somewhere with a power converter and hook it up but I'm wondering if something compact like ^ that could be installed?

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
Why? Is the screen you're putting in your car have a resolution high enough to take advantage of blu-ray vs dvd?

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
i thought about this the other day but i dont think my alpine in dash (iva-d310) would support blue-ray how its meant to be supported

txyaloo

Established Member
My in dash has neither HDMI nor component inputs so it would be worthless. IDK of any in dash player that does. Also, as mentioned the screen resolution would make it a waste of time.

On top of that, you'd need to find a way to shock dampen the thing so the disc doesn't rattle all over the player when you go over a small bump.

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
i thought about this the other day but i dont think my alpine in dash (iva-d310) would support blue-ray how its meant to be supported

Yeah from what I've read there is only one European brand that makes an HD flip out screen with an hdmi input.

I was just curious since I've bought a few blu ray's and it would be cool to bring them along in the car. I'm not trying to make any break though's here just for the coolness facter I suppose.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
:dw:

Why would you give a shit about HD movies in a flip out screen in a car? Do you live in your car?

mellor_21

Established Member

Why would you give a shit about HD movies in a flip out screen in a car? Do you live in your car?

It's like a drive in movie everywhere you go. My friend pulls it off pretty well and chicks either love it or think he's rich (he works for pepsi lol just knows how to save his money for nice shit)

txyaloo

Established Member
It's like a drive in movie everywhere you go. My friend pulls it off pretty well and chicks either love it or think he's rich (he works for pepsi lol just knows how to save his money for nice shit)

They think he's rich? What is he, 18?

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member

Well, to be fair, if I were to want to put screens in my car (for kids or whatever) I have quite a few movies on BR and I wouldn't want to have to buy the DVD version just to play it in the car.

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
Well, to be fair, if I were to want to put screens in my car (for kids or whatever) I have quite a few movies on BR and I wouldn't want to have to buy the DVD version just to play it in the car.

Thank you! Jesus people over think this shit too much.

First off there IS an HD flip out, but I have an alpine. But that's besides the point. I just asked if it was possible. When I want to have a full cinematic experience I'll stay home and watch my 65" with 7.1 yamaha surround.

I guess it's too much to ask if something like this is possible... :nonono: Some people need to get the sand out of their vaginas and either answer the question or move along.

I hate it when threads go south because people don't understand how to answer a question.

bscarberry

Established Member
It's definitely possible but you'll need a power inverter because anything you're gonna buy for home use won't run off a 12V DC source... it needs to have a 120V AC source. I doubt it would be very good for watching while you're driving since any bump you hit will result in the player skipping.

mellor_21

Established Member
I feel ya. I hate when people come into a thread to offer nothing but criticism for something they haven't seen before.
Obviously if you don't like the idea, gtfo out of the thread!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
They think he's rich? What is he, 18?

he is 19 and dates 14 and 15 year olds who have low standards and are easily impressed. when you date kids with no income it is easy to make them think you are rich LOL!

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
If the play isnt shock resistant then its not worth considering, but I'm sure soon they'll be coming out with HD screens so have patience.

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
It's definitely possible but you'll need a power inverter because anything you're gonna buy for home use won't run off a 12V DC source... it needs to have a 120V AC source. I doubt it would be very good for watching while you're driving since any bump you hit will result in the player skipping.

That's why I posted the one I did in my original post. I already know I can put in a home blu ray player, that's actually really easy. My question was about an external drive for a laptop.

If the play isnt shock resistant then its not worth considering, but I'm sure soon they'll be coming out with HD screens so have patience.

I already said as well that there are already HD screens for sale for vehicle use. But again as I already said I want it just so I can take the damn discs with me. Besides for under $200 that would be a pretty cool add on. :rockon:

:bored: MOD's please close this thread. I didn't think this would go over so many people's heads.

Users who are viewing this thread