put together a basemnet gym

bigdave03svt

Established Member
Now that I'm good and settled in to my new home I finally got around to purchasing things for my basement gym instead of furnishing rooms, decorating walls and buying baby toys. HAHA!

I started off buying a bunch of horse stall mats from tractor supply. $40 each and they are basically indestructible. 6'x4'x 3/4" and weigh 100lbs

9630441956_766077ac99_b.jpg

Then I got rid of some old free weight crap, a bench and rack I had, and outfitted the place with a new rack and other goodies from Rogue Fitness. I kept all my iron plates and Olympic bars and added some bumpers. I'm mostly doing crossfit and not just lifting anymore.

Here's where its at now. I got a booming stereo and tv, a timer, some rings, pull- up bar on the ceiling and on the rack. It has a 2" fat bar and skinny bar for pull-ups acting as the cross member. I picked up a rower and I built a plyo-box and some parallets for box jumps and handstand push-ups. All of this takes up only about 1/4 of my basement space. Pool table on the other side and the other half is the wifes crap:cuss:

9627211101_e50c4662dd_b.jpg

9630441288_489449f102_b.jpg

9630441108_4609428862_b.jpg

I brought an old rope home off of one of my line trucks and threw it over the branch of my big oak next to my daughters swing. its 21' to the eye of the rope..good stuff

9630441626_1101cf51ff_b.jpg

Last edited:

03SonicStang

Established Member
Nice! Looks killer,! I've been into Crossfit for about 6 months, addictive to say to the lease!

I have a mini gym set up at my cottage, but missing the pull up bar. Just curious, what did you pay from rouge? We use Rings and therere tearing up my hands!

bigdave03svt

Established Member
Im jealous, sweet setup man

:beer:

Nice! Looks killer,! I've been into Crossfit for about 6 months, addictive to say to the lease!

I have a mini gym set up at my cottage, but missing the pull up bar. Just curious, what did you pay from rouge? We use Rings and therere tearing up my hands!

Its the P-4 pull-up system and was $120. All Rogues gear is guaranteed for life and made in the USA. That was a big factor in why I bought a lot of stuff from them.

And its really, really good quality:beer:

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
That's a very nice setup you have there! Been going to crossfit with my wife for a little over a year now and we love it. I have a barbell/platform setup taking up half my garage.

bigdave03svt

Established Member
That's a very nice setup you have there! Been going to crossfit with my wife for a little over a year now and we love it. I have a barbell/platform setup taking up half my garage.

Thanks,

I started CrossFit about 3 months ago and have already shed 22 lbs. I hit my local box M,W,F at 5am before work then I do Tuesdays, and Thursdays WODs at home before work. And I'm down there usually 2 nights a week doing strength work and weekends I just do whatever I feel like working on. It's so convenient when I only have to go downstairs.:rolling:

05goat

Established Member
that defiantly looks very convenient.Would love to go in my basement and work out instead of going to the busy gym.Can I ask a question on your basement.I see its been wrapped inside with insulation not outside.I was looking at a new build house the other week that had that also.I have seen a few houses lately but never seen the basement wrapped.I did some research and found that since all foundations crack and now you can't see them there could be a problem with the water getting into the insulation and causing mold and mites.Was wondering did you add that or buy it like that?Any worry about mold problems down the road?

shad2009

Tungsten GT
Established Member
sick setup man...if you ever need crossfit stuff, i work for Reebok, just let me know and i can get you a good deal on stuff

t01lightning

Established Member
A few of my buddies who used to lift weights do cross fit and and I have no idea why but it's like a cult. Rule one never talk bad about cross fit lol. The tree rope is cool, popeyes forearms.

gabe1530

Banned
very nice setup. im jealous as my garage gym is just a bench, cable weights and free weights. it works but your setup is 10x more effective.

bigdave03svt

Established Member
A few of my buddies who used to lift weights do cross fit and and I have no idea why but it's like a cult. Rule one never talk bad about cross fit lol. The tree rope is cool, popeyes forearms.

I was the same way 4 months ago! I've always been just a weightlifter and
crossfit seemed ridiculous to me. I did cardio 3 days a week and thought I was in good shape and strong. A gym opened upright in front of my shop and I gave it a try.it took me 30 minutes to recover from an 8 minute intro session and I was hooked from then on. and the women...jeebus the women:eek::eek: its a cult for sure

very nice setup. im jealous as my garage gym is just a bench, cable weights and free weights. it works but your setup is 10x more effective.

thanks, i got 400lbs of bumper plates and then another 300 of steel so my neighbor and i lift heavy at least 2 days a week n the big lifts..deadlifts, front and back squats, bench etc.

Users who are viewing this thread