Put stock springs back in to help launch @ dragstrip?

Cobra84

Established Member
The situation is i have BMR lowering springs and the car is pretty low to the ground. 17 inch wheels with 315/35/17 MT drag radials. I have all of the IRS mods done but can't seem to cut a good 60' (at the track) because there isn't much sidewall in the tires. A friend of mine had the idea because the car is not getting much weight transfer because of how low it sits, to put the stock springs for a 2003 Cobra in. I may want to cut a spring off the stockers just so it doesn't sit waaay high. Any ideas, expeirence or help from some Cobra owners?

MrSwa

Established Member
Just because the car "squats" more does not mean it has more weight transfer. it means the springs are softer. Get to the posts by FSAE_Junkie.

[ame=http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=350293]Maybe I'm wrong, but why do you want everything so stiff? - LS1GTO.com Forums[/ame]

Cobra84

Established Member
Thanks for the replies. I have a goal to get 11.50s with a 17 inch drag radial all in street trim. Plus i have never used a slick and am a little weary about " the sway at the top end of the track". I'd like to drive 40 miles to the track on drag radials and not have to change anything. I do not have many passes on the car. I cut a 2.07 when i ran a 11.99 @ 121.1

Tractionless1

Established Member
Take out your front swaybar to help weight transfer as well. I just ran 11.5x16" M+H cheater slicks w/tubes @ 12 psi on 16"x10" steel wheels in the rear. Stock spare tire rims with M+H front runners in the front 35psi and the car was rock solid throughout the runs ending at 127mph trap. These are bias ply tires as well. As long as you don't mix bias and radial you shouldn't experience "float".

Users who are viewing this thread