put on the 3" -> 3.5" mac c/b - wow!

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
the exhaust note is awesome at wot! :D i might have to hold off installing the bassani x w/ cats before i turn up the volume more. ;-) now i've been a bassani fan for awhile - my last 2 mustangs had 'em - and i was planning on doing the same for the '03, but i thought i'd try something different...

at idle, it's very quiet. has a low pitched "lub lub lub lub lub" to it. but once the light changes and you get into it, sleeper mode is off. it's *definitely* louder w/ the stock h-pipe than my last mustang w/ the '99-'01 bassani catted x and c/b. volume is easily controlled w/ throttle. couldn't test the sotp meter due to traffic but i'll try again a little later. ;-)

the install was pretty easy w/ just a couple ramps. took maybe an hour start to finish (the tip about using dish soap for the hangars helped *alot*). i don't have the problem others have had re: the driver's side pipe being lop-sided, but i *do* have the passenger-side-tip-sticks-out-a-wee-bit-too-far problem. i think i can probably even it out by bending the rear hangar some. other than that, fit and finish is good. i also spray painted flat black inside the tips (another helpful tip from the forum!) to hopefully keep the rust at bay.

so much for leaving it w/ a k&n for more than a month...
:D

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
You think it's loud at WOT now....just wait till it gets a few break-in miles. ;-)

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
doh, my bad. i could've sworn i saw an old post re: a 10.x run here. maybe it was 11.x? oh well, hopefully soon!

Dem03SonicSnake

Established Member
did u have any install problems , did everything fit nice? my 2.5 is still fitting like dogcrap, waiting for mac to send me a new drivers side tip, hopefully that will solve my on going problems, i should of went with the 3 inch!

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by Dem03SonicSnake
did u have any install problems , did everything fit nice? my 2.5 is still fitting like dogcrap, waiting for mac to send me a new drivers side tip, hopefully that will solve my on going problems, i should of went with the 3 inch!

no problems installing, even the bends around the irs went well. i think the key was not tightening one side of the flange too much before going to the other side. that way i could keep adjusting things till it looked pretty good - to me anyway. my passenger side chromed part still needs to be pushed back a bit but it's not that noticeable. another set of hands would help.

i'm trying to remember what yours looked like. it might've been bent during shipping as mac doesn't seem to put much (if any) padding in their boxes - things could definitely bang all over the place. i picked mine up at mac and inspected it before taking it due to all the fitment issues i've seen on this forum.

hopefully they do right by you!

Dem03SonicSnake

Established Member
in my opinion its one of the best sounding exhaust out there, its a shame they dont make em better quality and stainless steel, it would probably sell a whole lot more! the insides are rusting very badly too, all this rain aint helpin either! when i finally can get mine all fitted properly im gonna clean em out and spray em black , hows everybodys inside holding up, rusting as bad as mine????

Nordi

I'll never grow up!
Established Member
FuShnickens I had always been a Flowmaster man, but wanted something different for my Cobra. So I ordered the MAC. I had never heard one before, but what sold me was the chrome tips. I love chrome, and those are the best looking tips I have seen. After having MAC I'm hooked, I love the sound. I get compliments all the time on it. I have the off-road h which makes it sound MEAN. I have about 10,000 miles on mine now, and it does get louder. The more you run it, the better it sounds!

Users who are viewing this thread