Put O/r "x", And Bassani Cat Back, Lost Power

lemonademan

Established Member
I Just Installed A Bassani Cat Back, With A Bassani O/r X Pipe. The Car Really Feels Slower. I Have The Mid Length Headers Also, But Have Not Put Them On Yet. Also There Is An Anoying Slight Rattle When Ever You Are On It. It Almost Sounds Like There Is Something In The Muffler Rattling ??? It Is Way Too Loud For Me. I Am Putting The Cats On Asap. I Have The X Pipe With An Option For Cats, Or No Cats. I Dont Know If They Are All Like That. The Muffler Is A See Thru, And I Have The Baffles In The Tailpipes.
Anyone Have Any Imput??
Thanks

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
Not sure what bassani catback is straight through that you said you have. But if they are , and with an o/r x pipe , you have taken away ALOT of back pressure on your car. Hence it will feel like you've lost a bunch of low end torque. The upside is that you gain power in the higher rpm's.

The rattling you heard , it's that X pipe. I had the same one with a straight through muffler and it did the same thing.

lemonademan

Established Member
I bought the full header back Bassani from rpm industries.
it really is a straight see thru muffler. I put the cats on last night, and it made a world of difference!!!!! I can't believe people actually ride around with it as loud as it was. I have had mustangs all my life. I have never had one that loud! i had a 358 stroker naturally aspirated 640 hp. with 3" flowmasters, off full long tubes. The cobra was louder!!!

droptop351

HP maniac
Established Member
put cats on and you will gain power, i went with offroad pipe and lost 10hp/10lbs tq across the whole band this was on a mustang dyno to, so with dynojet prolly wouldve been more like 13-15ish.

Users who are viewing this thread