Put in LED license plate bulbs

CobraKalas

Established Member
Had these ordered when I bought the domelight/maplight bulbs, and today was a nice day so I put em in. They are the WLED-x6 Bulbs in 'Cool White' from SuperbrightLeds.com, If anyone has any questions about the install go ahead and ask or send a PM, it was pretty straight forward once i realized that you pull the "scew/pushpin" out instead of unscrewing it...:bash:

SpdKilz

Established Member
Looks great Dave! Hopefully I'll get a ride in it this summer...assuming I make it home for more than a day :D

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
^^ He used the WLED-x6 bulbs for the license there big fella.

I'm asking for the domelight/maplight bulbs. :)

Edit: Unless, of course, they are the same ones.....

Last edited:

CobraKalas

Established Member
they are not the same, the domelight/maplight bulbs I used were 4211-x6 festoon bulbs, 3 bulbs in total for that . (1) dome and (2) map, 1 each.

matt87

Established Member
i just ordered 4 for both my cars. i have the single led ones in my tl now and they arent bright enough. after seeing how bright your look i was sold. thanks for posting the pics!

CobraKalas

Established Member
no problem, i installed mine from the outside whereas some people say to pull it inside the trunk, I took 2 flat head screwdrivers and pry'd the tabs that are held in by "screws" 4 total

bitemark

Established Member
hey kalas, I was looking at throwing some new license plate bulbs in and I came across your thread. are they the xHP6 WLED? Cool White? Do you know what Warm White look like?

CobraKalas

Established Member
wow, havent been on this site in 2 months and my old ass thread gets brought back.

Bitemark - they are the WLED-x6 Bulbs in 'Cool White'. I would assume warm white would look just like a regular household bulb color, almost Yellow.

Users who are viewing this thread