push rod swap..

AtlanticCobra98

Ummm Yeah!!!!
Established Member
Ok basically im thinkin of pulling the motor, wiring harness and ecu and selling those to throw in some sort of push rod motor. Whats the best route to take and how much would i have to swap in to make this work.

My94GT

Established Member
best bet, sell your car and buy a push rod based car. really i would think youd need to swap a push rod motor and a different ecu and wore harness. im not too sure though.

what motor are you planning to go with

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
You could probably find someone with a 94-95 ECU that would be interested in trading for yours. It seems very common for 94-95 cars to do 4v swaps so I would post on all the forums to see what kind of interest you get.

Just out of curiosity why are thinking of doing this? I personally wouldnt do it to a Cobra. A GT definitely, but save the Cobra man.(unless your motor is already toast and you have to replace it anyway)

AtlanticCobra98

Ummm Yeah!!!!
Established Member
i know its a cobra. but lets all face it. they will never be a collectors car. i see more 96-98 cobras around my area than i do gts. just kinda wanting to be different. i was thinking of a 347 stroker or maybe a 351 or depending on money a 408. i finally have mine looking the way i want it. And i dont want to start a fox body build because money would add up quick,

JasonSnake

Established Member
+1 on doing this to a Cobra. Since you have to switch out just about everything anyway, you should just find a V6 car and enjoy the lower insurance premiums.

Users who are viewing this thread