• I prefer how it is now

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This stems from a friendly office discussion.

To make it as fair as possible for both teams, each team should have equal ability to score first.

So I would suggest the offenses starting on the 30 yard line (going in). Any turnover is a dead ball, and they come off the field. Field goals or touchdowns are fine.

Twist: BOTH offenses and defenses are on the field at the same time, on opposite 30s. First team in the end zone wins. If one team kicks a field goal, the other team gets to keep playing until either turnover on downs, touchdown, turnover or they kick a field goal to go into the next round.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I prefer the old school, original rules BUT the fact that the game now favors the offense in such an uneven manner, both teams getting a shot on offense seems logical. Keep playing until the offense is stopped and whoever has the most points wins. I'm OK with ties in the regular season. 1 OT quarter of 15 minutes.

rborden

Established Member
I liked the sudden death format. If both teams are still tied at the end of OT, it should go to a field goal shootout. 45, 50, 55, 60 and 65 yds. The suspense would be nuts.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Replying to this thread is the most time I've spent, discussing Football this year. NFL and all its affiliates are dead to me. Time on this earth is much to valuable to be squandered watching other people live and play...... I was not always like this though.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Coin flip to start 10 minute overtime.
Play the whole 10 minutes.
Win, lose or tie. Unless it's a playoff game upon which you play another 10 and another 10 if need be.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
**** it. If the teams are tied at the end of regulation, the nfl must go for the jugular.

Award diversity points for race, gender, gender identity of players on the field at the end of regulation with NO substitutes in the last 2 minutes of the game, even for injury.

- Every oppressed person gets 1 point for each oppression.
- White males, who identify as males, count as zero.

If it's still tied, go to the players on the sidelines and count race, gender, and gender identity.

If it's still tied, go to the teams front office and count race, gender, and gender identity.

If it's still tied, go to the teams owners and count race, gender, and gender identity.

BTW: All OT decisions will be made by Kapernick from nfl headquarters and are final.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
I liked the sudden death format. If both teams are still tied at the end of OT, it should go to a field goal shootout. 45, 50, 55, 60 and 65 yds. The suspense would be nuts.

I like the shootout idea.

**** it. If the teams are tied at the end of regulation, the nfl must go for the jugular.

Award diversity points for race, gender, gender identity of players on the field at the end of regulation with NO substitutes in the last 2 minutes of the game, even for injury.

- Every oppressed person gets 1 point for each oppression.
- White males, who identify as males, count as zero.

If it's still tied, go to the players on the sidelines and count race, gender, and gender identity.

If it's still tied, go to the teams front office and count race, gender, and gender identity.

If it's still tied, go to the teams owners and count race, gender, and gender identity.

BTW: All OT decisions will be made by Kapernick from nfl headquarters and are final.

LMAO!!! Fantastic. The left would get on board with this.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Field goals should be 1 point for every 10 yards. Or 1 point for every 5 yards.

Sent from my SM-S908U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

If both teams are tied at the end of OT, it should go to a field goal shootout. 45, 50, 55, 60 and 65 yds. The suspense would be nuts.

I personally love both of these ideas. One things for sure, kickers would get paid a lot more and become a more valued commodity LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread