purchasing a 2010 Shelby - please identify parts in photos

Don03cobra

Established Member
I pick the car up tomorrow (Monday 5/18). I am buying it from a dealership thats a few hours away - I have plenty of good pictures of the car but right before closing I asked my salesman to snap a pic of under the hood and he did.
Its a 2010 vert with 12K miles on it... and from the blurry picture that he posted, it looks like it may have had the pully swapped and maybe the air inlet? Also maybe a strut tower brace?
Any help is much appreciated!!!
photo 4-1.JPG

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I pick the car up tomorrow (Monday 5/18). I am buying it from a dealership thats a few hours away - I have plenty of good pictures of the car but right before closing I asked my salesman to snap a pic of under the hood and he did.
Its a 2010 vert with 12K miles on it... and from the blurry picture that he posted, it looks like it may have had the pully swapped and maybe the air inlet? Also maybe a strut tower brace?
Any help is much appreciated!!!
View attachment 42270

I see a pulley and idler add, the STB is probably the original black 2007-2010 part and 2010 was the first year for an open cone type air filter from the factory, but I am not sure that it said "Ford Racing" on the original part? <<But maybe it did?

R

Last edited:

00Whitey

Established Member
Looks to be a JLT CAI, and as mentioned it has a pully and idler added. The pully looks to be a Metco unit, probably a 2.6".
Ask the dealership if it has a hand held tuner that goes with it.

Enjoy, your gonna love it !

Don03cobra

Established Member
Because the car is now 5 years old, the 5/60 power train is now expired however I got the dealership to throw in a FORD ESP 6 month, 6,000 mile power train warranty from ford.

I have the pictures for documentation showing the mods were on it when I purchased it.

Zemedici

Established Member
Because the car is now 5 years old, the 5/60 power train is now expired however I got the dealership to throw in a FORD ESP 6 month, 6,000 mile power train warranty from ford.

I have the pictures for documentation showing the mods were on it when I purchased it.

Should be good then. Enjoy.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
JLT pipe, but not full induction kit, pulley and idler. You better get the tuner and who tuned it so you know what you are getting and who to follow up with if you have issues.

Tom

Speedboosted

Established Member
Agree with Tom, either grab the handheld that should come with it or don't go romping on it until you know for certain that it has been tuned correctly. Other than that, enjoy!

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
If the car doesn't come with a hand-held, or you don't have the previous owner's phone #, I wouldn't buy it..
..........................This is after the dealership acknowledges it doesn't have a stock " factory " tune..

Last edited:

brandonflood123

Established Member
agreed with others, it looks like the jlt intake thats just a resonator delete, and a metco pully and idler. as far as what others say see if you can get the handheld that was used on the car for the pully swap or be careful untill you know how the car was tuned. have fun tho, i have a 2010 myself!

Tight Lines

Established Member
If the car doesn't come with a hand-held, or you don't have the previous owner's phone #, I wouldn't buy it..
..........................This is after the dealership acknowledges it doesn't have a stock " factory " tune..

100% Agree

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
If it doesn't have the tuner you can use that against them and try to get them to come down a bit since you'll need to buy one. I wouldn't beat on the car till your sure you have a good tune in the car.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
HMm as others said, from the pic, it has a pulley, iddler, and tune. Though that tube looks interesting.......it could be a 123 setup ? Its hard to tell by just looking at the pic. I would double check the size to be sure.

Standard will be 113 the 123 would def require a tune.

Don03cobra

Established Member
Ok - home with the car now - they DID have the tuner. Its a Diablo predator - kind of a big hand held. I hooked it to the car and it was ready to make changes. There is a sticker on the back of the tuner that says "2010 mustang" so I"m sure its the correct tuner.
I tried unsuccessfully to contact diablo today to get some help/confirmation of what tune is in my car. I was on hold forever!!!
I was able to squeeze them for a 24 month ford ESP supreme bumper to bumper!
It has the Shaker 1000 system - I think that it sounds very good and has plenty of beef!
Thanks everyone for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread