Purchases from China

Fastboy

Established Member
Guys: Has anyone bought anything directly from China and shipped it to the USA? I am curious to hear your experiences, If you have.

Thanks

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Got a MP3 player that my niece wanted for $10 and another $30 for shipping. So unless your getting a box of rice shipping will be retarded.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Yes, lots of cell phone accessories. No problems and it's usually very fast shipping.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
I deal with work shipping back and forth with no problems Now the email trying to get them to understand my design thats something else lol. I have ordered off ebay worked great. Don't even pay shipping just have to wait 14 working days. Although the last thing i ordered came crushed! it was 16 bucks but the battery made it. Don't think they will do squat. I didn't do insurance. Oh well.

Fastboy

Established Member
Guys: I appreciate the feedback and I like to hear positive feedback. I am about to start buying cell phones from China in small qtys. I have worked in the Import Industry for a while and I get better customer service from Asian vendors quite often then the American ones. A lot of people have stereotypes that buying from China is a bad idea, I don't think so. The important thing I keep in mind is: I buy things they already make and there is R & D and no special packaging. Keep it Simple!!

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
bought an entire snowboarding outfit from there on eBay, brand new for $150. Shipping wasn't bad considering the buy. Being China, all the sizes ran EXTREMELY SMALL, so returns weren't possible. Also, customs always opens your crap and ruffles it up.

All in all, it ended up working out pretty good. If anything, the endless laughs you get from the botched Cenglish is always a riot to read.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
bought an entire snowboarding outfit from there on eBay, brand new for $150. Shipping wasn't bad considering the buy. Being China, all the sizes ran EXTREMELY SMALL, so returns weren't possible. Also, customs always opens your crap and ruffles it up.

All in all, it ended up working out pretty good. If anything, the endless laughs you get from the botched Chinglish is always a riot to read.

Last edited:

Birdys03Cobra

Established Member
I bought a pair of Bootleg Jordans a few months ago....i knew they were fake, they still looked real when i got them.....bought them off of ebay, took 2 weeks to get it, and they couldnt be delivered to my home for some reason "i forget why" so i had to pick them up a the post-office....the box was wrapped with bubble wrap and duck tape like no other, took me 10 minutes just to open it, thought it was funny...

Fastboy

Established Member
Birdys03cobra- Were you overall happy with the shoes? Also, how much of a difference is there between the real ones and the China ones?

Thanks

Birdys03Cobra

Established Member
Birdys03cobra- Were you overall happy with the shoes? Also, how much of a difference is there between the real ones and the China ones?

Thanks

I paid $70 for them, they are the "blackcat" Jordan 4's, i have the originals, and love them, so i bought the boot-leg versions to wear out when it rains and such "im very ocd about jordan shoes"

They look identical, nothing different about the appearance, except for the tongue of the shoe, the jordan logo is a dark grey versus the black stitching of the originals

Fit wise, i got the same size....they fit awful, not comfortable by any means, and the shoe is very stiff, and doesnt seem to break in

Overall, i got what i paid for, a cheap remake of a shoe you can not purchase anymore, looks good with jeans, cant tell a difference, but comfort wise is a drastic difference...

on a side note....they gave me a jordan box, looks like the original, but considering they bubble wrapped and duct taped the hell out of it, the box was ripped in pieces just to get the shoes out :bash:

mvr

Established Member
the hid kit i bought for my car came from china, quick shipping with zero problems. came on dhl.

Vigilante

Established Member
Bought a game that was only released, on disk, in China(Its in English BTW), shipping was more than the game but that was my only problem. I also got my girlfriend a 4 GB Ipod knockoff from there as well. I wouldn't buy anything more complex/expensive than that from there although.

Users who are viewing this thread