Purchased My Dream Car

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Hello Everyone,

So about a month ago I purchased my dream car, a 1997 Viper GTS. On a positive note it has a ROE Supercharger and is making a little over 600RWHP.

Impressions from the vehicle so far, it is just so much more car then my Cobra was. The crazy part is the power is much smoother then the Cobra and doesn't feel anywhere near as insane as I expected. The crazy/scary driving experience is overrated, it puts down the power much better then my Cobra did and at 100+ it feels like you are not even moving.

Below are the pictures of how it looked when I picked it up. It isn't noticeable in the picture but the hood had some defects so I had it painted and the Viper GTS badges removed about a week after purchase.

22a3555bc2_640_zpsc8ueovsu.jpg

55930d72ae_1024_zps3fcxxlgu.jpg

22a3555bc2_640_zpsc8ueovsu.jpg

16d392d80e_1024_zps1pvaftgx.jpg

1aadfda9a3_1024_zpsvihqz65m.jpg

image3_zpsxohphrrm.jpg

image4_zpstajebzpc.jpg

Here is the car after paint and plasti-dipped wheels (sorry for the crappy phone pics)

image1%202_zpsdpxsqno8.jpg

image2_zpsuiwspo84.jpg

Exhaust Clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ4yCFu5EiQ

I will post some new pictures in a couple weeks after I do a full detail (waiting for the paint to fully cure)

Last edited:

cbj5259

Established Member
Very nice...welcome to the club!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

blk02edge

Established Member
Looks nice. The viper's insanity starts to become present near its limits. It really is much less forgiving so be careful!

Badass_Forever

Established Member
im a fan of black wheels, i put black wheels on my car. those first 3 pictures the car looks amazing. not diggin the back compared to the chrome.

Sn95Snake

Established Member
im a fan of black wheels, i put black wheels on my car. those first 3 pictures the car looks amazing. not diggin the back compared to the chrome.

I personally think the car looks much better with the black especially in person. I am just testing it out, I will see how I like it for a month or two. If I don't like it I will peel it off.

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Congrats!

In about 15 years I can hopefully post a similar thread with a 5th gen Viper.

Thanks, I have that same goal. I would love to have a 5th Gen, but I have loved the GTS since I was in 1st grade when they first came out so I think I can manage.

bb83

I like gays
Established Member
Nice. Did the same 2 years ago (bought my dream Audi r8 v10 spyder twin turbo). Always follow your dreams and never settle.

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Nice. Did the same 2 years ago (bought my dream Audi r8 v10 spyder twin turbo). Always follow your dreams and never settle.

Absolutely agree with you man, I decided a long time ago that I was going to have a Viper GTS by the time I was 25 years old. Fortunately I was able to do so and pay for it cash so no payment. Do you have any pics of your R8 I would love to see it!

MG0h3

Established Member
Did you post this car up a month or two ago but not buy it? Think I remember this car being posted up on here recently.

Sn95Snake

Established Member
A little over a month ago I did post about it. The car originally had issues with the blower but everything was worked out so I ended up purchasing it.

DropSVT

Established Member
A little over a month ago I did post about it. The car originally had issues with the blower but everything was worked out so I ended up purchasing it.
Nice i too saw this awhile back asking about the blower on it and having problems. Glad it worked it! Such a good looking car.
Ps. Wasnt there 2 cars you were looking at the time of the first post?

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Nice i too saw this awhile back asking about the blower on it and having problems. Glad it worked it! Such a good looking car.
Ps. Wasnt there 2 cars you were looking at the time of the first post?

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Thank you sir, no I was only looking at this one at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread