purchased 2000 cobra r

hk4site

Established Member
I have just purchased a cobra r if the buyers inspection looks good. What paper work should I receive when I purchase it
... others cars like zr1 had owners kit, window sticker, owners manual, ect. I just want to make sure it get everything before I purchase it. Oh I guess the air spillter come with it. Is there any owner in the phoenix area I could talk to

kevin

Originally posted by hk4site
I have just purchased a cobra r if the buyers inspection looks good. What paper work should I receive when I purchase it
... others cars like zr1 had owners kit, window sticker, owners manual, ect. I just want to make sure it get everything before I purchase it. Oh I guess the air spillter come with it. Is there any owner in the phoenix area I could talk to

you should get a black vynil notebook with it. it will have some photos and dyno looking sheets on the suspension and such. it should also have a silver id plate inside the front cover. this identifies your car. besides the splitter (and rear wing), look under the front and be sure your brake colling hoses are installed, if not, get them as well (with all the fittings).

the last thing to find, but the hardest to lose - a great time driving it:beer:

Cobra-R

Established Member

Congrats on the new toy. Make sure the recalls either are or that you do get them done. You will have a blast with your new toy. :beer:

Speedthing

It about CHANGING LANES
Established Member
Congrats on the new addition!!! Did you purchase the car locally from Bell Ford or is it from out of state? If it's the one from Bell Ford, the dealer did not have the black documentation binder book for the car. But you can call Jayson at Ford SVT 1-800-367-3788 and give him your VIN # and he will check to see if they still have your book. For some reason not all of the cars (mine included) were shipped with these books. I am aware of one other 2000R in Phoenix. The car came from Oregon last June and the owner uses it as his daily driver...that's really cool! Anyways, welcome to this site. Enjoy the new toy! I'm located in the east valley so maybe we can hook up some time.

Speedthing
2000R #164
'96 Cobra conv. spchg

Blown V8

I am somewhat disappointed in the recent sales of these cars, especially when I thought they had "bottomed-out" for the time-being when I bought mine about a year ago for ten g's under sticker. GUESS NOT. I think this is the car that HK just bought off ebay...what a freaking steal, even with the mileage it has on it!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1869162076

If we think this is a "fluke", theres another one that just ended with no reserve for just over $36K....kinda disappointing, and sucks in my mind. Ebay isnt "everything" in the collector/speciatly market, but its a good way to get a feel for what a car is REALLY worth, not what someone THINKS its worth.

In one breath I wanna lose my mind over it, and in the next, it makes me want to turn the damned thing into a daily driver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gt: :gt: :gt: Jeremy

Last edited:

hk4site

Established Member
Sometimes a car that starts out as a collector car doesn't always end up as one. A car I think has to be about 15 years old until it starts going the other way...12 years and counting

Users who are viewing this thread