Punta Cana Excellence

theDRIVER

Literally haulin' ass
Established Member
are you kidding? with all the illegals bull shit going on, no one is leaving the ranch anytime soon. someone might die over there. lol...

looks nice btw

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
My friends got married there about 2 years ago. I went down to be in the wedding which was in November. The weather was awesome, the people were nice and took excellent care of us on the resort. I didn't leave the resort though and it was suggested not to unless you were on one of the guided tours. They had very good security there and I had a great time. A lot of europeans and canadians go there for vacation. Have fun but be smart/careful!!! I never felt unsafe even leaving the bar at 3:30am on the resort.

Edit: Oh yeah and be prepared to see some topless women walking around:banana::pepper: But also beware of the old men in speedo's and topless grandmas:uh oh::cryying:

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
The D.R. is quite nice, but equally as dangerous if you dont know where you are going. Punta Cana is nice, but I prefer Puerto Plata. Do NOT rent a car and attempt to drive yourself anywhere there. Take a cab and negotiate the rate before you even open the door.

werstlna

Established Member
Nice place in general, we did our honeymoon there in '03. We did the resort all-inclusive thing that had several different hotels and restaurants from which to choose for variety. Toward the end, though, we wanted some different food than what was offered. There are lots of Euro visitors, so that was cool to see all the different languages and customs. Yes, some chicks went topless and it wasn't any big deal. Those Euro dudes will wear the banana hammock, however, so just be prepared so you don't lose your lunch.

We did a day-long safari Jeep tour which we thought would be just a bunch of us riding around looking at stuff. It was much cooler, however, when the guy that picked us up at the hotel arrived in a Land Rover Defender TD5 (diesel model not available in US). It got even better when he dropped us off at the starting point, got out, and asked who wanted to drive!!! :banana: I jumped at the chance and off we went following all these other Land Rovers and a few Jeep Wranglers. I had always heard about how Land Rovers were supposed to be the bomb off road, and after a day of driving through dirt, mud, water, and sand I was convinced. This thing handled everything like a champ, even on crappy street radial tires - not even off road SUV type tires. While the Jeeps in the group would get bogged down in the muddy areas, spinning every which way, this Land Rover just took it all in stride. At the end of the day only about a third of a tank of diesel was used up, I don't know how large the tank was but again I was impressed that it didn't suck down a whole tank. When we got back to the states I investigated every which way to try to get one of these imported, but you have to get a 25 yr old vehicle and a bunch of other stupid stuff so I just gave up. No wonder the '94-97 U.S. gas engine Defenders still command ~$30k.

drex

Off The Line
Established Member
Best vacation my wife and i have ever been on, you wont be sorry if you go, we cant wait to go back

Users who are viewing this thread