Punch bug i win!!!!!!!

desert_gypsy

Headbutting the horizon
Established Member
VW obviously has terrible interpreters. They're about as good as translating as they are at winning world wars. The correct term is "slug bug".

aaandht

Established Member
VW obviously has terrible interpreters. They're about as good as translating as they are at winning world wars. The correct term is "slug bug".

Being from Cali I can see why your logic is backwards.:beer:
It's punch bug!:banana:

desert_gypsy

Headbutting the horizon
Established Member
Being from Cali I can see why your logic is backwards.:beer:
It's punch bug!:banana:

Actually, our wonderful government says that they own me and I have to be here until Nov. 26 of this year. Or until I get blown up to the point where I'm useless to them. I'm from Oklahoma, and down there, we say "slug bug". How are you gonna argue with the state that invented the peanut butter slice? :shrug:

Davemcc

Established Member
SUPERBOWL COMMERCIAL BY VW HAD PUNCHDUB.COM AS THEIR SITE.

It doesn't surprise me that VW wants to distance itself from the correct term, which is slug bug. It's only natural that they don't want the world referring to their cars as slugs, which explains the marketing campaign to change the existing reference which is slug bug. But if you want to fall prey to their multimillion dollar corporate marketing campaign to deliberately alter public perception, by all means, call it what they're telling you to call it, but it will always be a slug bug to me.

desert_gypsy

Headbutting the horizon
Established Member
It doesn't surprise me that VW wants to distance itself from the correct term, which is slug bug. It's only natural that they don't want the world referring to their cars as slugs, which explains the marketing campaign to change the existing reference which is slug bug. But if you want to fall prey to their multimillion dollar corporate marketing campaign to deliberately alter public perception, by all means, call it what they're telling you to call it, but it will always be a slug bug to me.

Plus ****ing ONE!!!! :banana:

65fastback2+2

Established Member

i thought it was slug bug as in slugging (hitting)

growing up we'd say "slug bug" and punch whoever was nearest

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
i thought it was slug bug as in slugging (hitting)

growing up we'd say "slug bug" and punch whoever was nearest

actually I think it depends on what part of the country you are from. I grew up with "pundh bug", but I have heard others say "slug bug". not that it really matters and why anyone ****ing cares is beyond me.

it is kind of like which is it, soda or pop? which you say will depend on where you live.

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
actually I think it depends on what part of the country you are from. I grew up with "pundh bug", but I have heard others say "slug bug". not that it really matters and why anyone ****ing cares is beyond me.

it is kind of like which is it, soda or pop? which you say will depend on where you live.

Come on, everyone knows it's soda. Just like it's slug bug.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
plus its a fail commercial, you only say SLUG BUG when you see a VW Beetle, not every VW on the road. What the **** is this "punch bug" everytime you see any VW? youd get knocked the **** out if you were with me and wanna play that game, especially if you drive past any parking lot. Its "SLUG BUG *insert color here* " and anyone who says otherwise takes it in the pooper.

2k3gt

Established Member
Notice how "slug" rhymes with "bug" and "punch" doesn't rhyme with "bug"? Coincidence?..I think not. It's SLUG BUG :)

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
and its SLUG because not only are you slugging your opponent, but youre doing it over a car that has the acceleration of one.

Users who are viewing this thread