Pully help! Please?

go2cdmb

Established Member
Boost levels/ Pully help! Please?

Ok, thanks in advance. The guy I recently got my car from didn't know pully sizes but had told me that it has a metco 10 rib set. So.... I got the calipers and yard stick out n measure them. Of course the top one was easy. I slacked the belt a bit and measured from point to point. It measured 3.24. Problem is, I only see 3.20 in the charts. Do they make 3.24?

The lower.... As I dont have a jack I measured the od of the whole lower pully, and looking down there, it looks like its right around between 9 3/4 and 10 inches. Thats with it up against the pully from extreme end to end. So, subtracting the side walls it looks like it's most likely the 9.55.

I looked at the chart on Cobra BOB's FAQ's and the closest I see is the below combo....

10 lb./3.25 ---- 15.6 boost

Updated.... Thanks for setting me straight. :rolling:

Thanks for your time guys.

Last edited:

bradlewis30

Established Member
i would need to see the pullie but most of the time the pullie will be just a little bigger becasue of the lip to hold the belt on(but wear the belt rides is a 3.20 pullie) so if it does have a lip then it is probley a 3.20 but measures 3.24 beacuse of the lip and
if your tune is for colorado i would want to no were at in colorado,and if it was tuned a mile above sea level, i can bet you it is running lean at sea level. also just for GP do you know who tune it. And if at sea level you think you are making 15psi of boost or so there is know way (i could be wrong) he was making that at a mile. I all so know from living here and getting dynoed, one place no tune 13psi KB 2.4 i made 372 un corrected and 428 corrected went to a dynojet here and they did even give me uncorected but corrected 490hp and only ran my car to 5900 still no tune, And the reason i bring that up is for some reason every body hear use a different correction factor form dyno to dyno because of how high above sea level it is, and every place hears want to say they make the most horsepower when they tune and the place i dyno 372 uncorrected also dyno a new stock GT500 at 352 uncorrected and i couldnt beleave it

bradlewis30

Established Member
in my above post i am not trying to talk bad about your car just want you to know there at one time were a lot of over corrected dyno hp around colorado. I found this out with my Lighting and KB 2.2

Teethy

0S0SL0
Established Member
i would need to see the pullie but most of the time the pullie will be just a little bigger becasue of the lip to hold the belt on(but wear the belt rides is a 3.20 pullie) so if it does have a lip then it is probley a 3.20 but measures 3.24 beacuse of the lip and
if your tune is for colorado i would want to no were at in colorado,and if it was tuned a mile above sea level, i can bet you it is running lean at sea level. also just for GP do you know who tune it. And if at sea level you think you are making 15psi of boost or so there is know way (i could be wrong) he was making that at a mile. I all so know from living here and getting dynoed, one place no tune 13psi KB 2.4 i made 372 un corrected and 428 corrected went to a dynojet here and they did even give me uncorected but corrected 490hp and only ran my car to 5900 still no tune, And the reason i bring that up is for some reason every body hear use a different correction factor form dyno to dyno because of how high above sea level it is, and every place hears want to say they make the most horsepower when they tune and the place i dyno 372 uncorrected also dyno a new stock GT500 at 352 uncorrected and i couldnt beleave it

What? :dw:

go2cdmb

Established Member

No, it's fine man, feel free to give your input. As far as the top pully measurement, I measured it where the belt rides on the convexed points, and that was about 3.24. So, I stil need input.

As far as the dyno.... Mac Autosport @ 303.841.1176

And wouldn't it run more rich of it was down here?

bradlewis30

Established Member
it would go lean do to the boost going up and the higher amount of air, the density of air at high elevation is low compared to the density at sea level. Because of the air being thin at higher elevation less fuel is needed to get a A/F of will just say 12. flat now at sea level were the air is more thick and dense more fuel is required to get a A/F of 12 because of the better qualtiy of air with no changes to being made to the car. You can have your car tuned at sea level and drive up in the mountains with no problems you would just run rich but it you tune it at a mile high and go to sea level you will run lean

go2cdmb

Established Member
Makes sense the way you explain it, but it's def not runniung lean. It runs fine. Look at the plug pics I have in the other thread. I'll have to remaeasure the pully and shoot a pic of it 4 ya. Thanks

Last edited:

bradlewis30

Established Member
does it smell like that when you start it up because mine does but A/f wide band is 12 flat WOT threw the rpms. Now just rideing around town mines smells rich so i figure it was the ECU/ O2 senors causing that, i also have had to replace 2 O2 senors because i was running to rich and they went bad throwing a code and when i had it to lean up here it threw a code for that as well i dont know which one caused but they did go out aand my mpg was suck when i turned them of with the hand held.

go2cdmb

Established Member
This is the sheet

2005Dynosheet.gif

bradlewis30

Established Member
Thats a big correction factor for dynoing in good weather 65 outside 7% humidity 1.23
so to the wheels at a mile high 408hp 387tq that is still not bad but the high correction factor is what verys so much here in colorado and denver

Users who are viewing this thread