Pulling Valve Cover Possible?

Strable781

Established Member
Is it possible for me to be able to remove the drivers side valve cover with the intake manifold/supercharger removed? Car jumped time with cylinder 5 at 0psi and valve marks on the piston. I have to take the head off. This means timing components come off which means the blower has to come off for head removal. Im trying to avoid messing with the brake booster/master cylinder. So can i get it off with the SC out of the way making a lot of room for removal? Thanks.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
you can get the valve cover off but if you've gotta go through that much sounds like it'd be easier to just pull the motor

Strable781

Established Member
you can get the valve cover off but if you've gotta go through that much sounds like it'd be easier to just pull the motor
I would like to, but im in a 20x20 garage with standard ceiling height and don't have the room with all the other equipment i own. If i can get it out when the manifold is off, thats all I need. Thank you for your response.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I've had success on some cars being able to do it by just removing the motor mount nut and jacking up the driver side.... other cars no luck. Its very tight but very doable.

boost88

Established Member
With the blower off it should give you room to roll them up and towards the intake valley. It's do able and it's easier with the blower off

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

hotcobra03

Established Member
I've had to do motor work the hard way on this car. ..

Head off 3 times and pulled engine once.

For over fender work move booster..

Its actually easier than you think, and its just bolts, no lines need to be removed,

15 min job even for a 1st timer,

It will open room to work also if pulling head.

I did just drivers head

pulled and installed with longtube header attached

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
I ended up just pulling brake booster assembly. Leaving everything intact other than brake lines, and brake pedal. Plug the brake line fittings on the master and wrap assembly with towels/rags to not scratch any paint and moved it aside. I had blower and manifold off and still couldn’t get it to clear cams whatsoever. I was limited on space too and that’s what worked best for me.

Users who are viewing this thread