Pulling the Motor out of my Lightning

rodsaleen

Established Member
For those guys who has pulled there Lightning motor out in there backyard is there any helpful hints or pointers you would like to share b/4 I undertake this project.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
the only tip I can give you is this...
cab1.jpg

now granted you cant get yours up in the air like that..but with some friends..alot of friends Im sure you could get it on the ground on blocks

if there was an easy way I think Ford would do it that way..not the way above.

BTW that is my truck as it sits right now LOL

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Have you ever pulled a motor before?? its just the same as any other motor but tear it down to a long block and dont try to pull the tranny with it. Take out the rad and leave the manifolds on the heads

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
lightninmike said:
Have you ever pulled a motor before?? its just the same as any other motor but tear it down to a long block and dont try to pull the tranny with it. Take out the rad and leave the manifolds on the heads

+1 That what I did when I pullied my motor.

rodsaleen

Established Member
lightninmike said:

Yeah I'm just use to pulling one out of a 70 model mustang or a 58 ford.
thanks for all da replys

fullboogie

Established Member
Which motor are you pulling? The window motor? The power seat motor?

Oooooh, you mean the engine. :D

Sorry, sometimes it just bugs me that people use "motor" and "engine" interchangeably. Just a pet peeve.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
When you disconnect the heater hoses be sure to watch for the o-rings and plastic backup rings as they can fall off and you won't notice it. Just take your time and you'll be fine. You can't do one of these motors in a hurry without lifting the cab so allow ample time.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Oh yeah pull the hood off
I have done it with and with out and it is much easier to do without. And no you dont have anywhere near as much room as you do in a 70 stang or a 58 ford
p.s. watch the oil filter too it will back into a few things on the way out and when you put it back in leave the oil cooler off till the Engine is back in your ride

Users who are viewing this thread