Pulling the fronts

speedybolt

I'm your Huckleberry
Established Member
So how much power does it take to pull the fronts off the ground? I've seen alot of pics of 03-04's being very close to it but I mean up in the air 6 inches or better. I know this would take slicks and skinnies up front too nad a good tacky track. just something I've been pondering on for a while. I would like to see pics if you have them.

Last edited:

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Power and traction. I don't think too many guys are willing to run slicks on their IRS though. I think almost any kb or whipple cobra would if they could hook up.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
My car isn't even close but it's a full weight Convertible. With a new clutch and the highest dump I can get out of it then we'll see. It aint going to happen though. It seems you would need skinnies up front, and a light weight K-member, plus 10 second timeslips to be even remotely close. I'm sure someone else will know more then me on it though.

03roush

01 Roush Stage 3 #106
Established Member
here is one
masondixon3-2-08012.jpg

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
you can prolly bet you need to have a built solid axle, good clutch that grabs without slip, light weight k member and skinnies, and some power to be able to do that much of a wheelstand. At least to do it more then once that is..

SVT10TH#1721

Established Member
My buddy was doing it with all the bolt on's 2.8 and a 125 shot of NX go to about 4:40 in the vid you could kinda see it. His car would pull the front left off the ground about 3-4 inches he had a Solid and slicks.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHlfdBuh57I"]YouTube - 04 Cobra[/ame]

2004silvercobra

Established Member
a friends mach 1 with 410's, adjustable shock/struts, qa1 k and drag lites with only 305hp was pulling them off a few inches... its all about suspension and weight transfer on that, but it also does hurt you when drag racing... you want good weight tranfer but if you can get it without all that movement with the car the better and the better your times..

Users who are viewing this thread