Pulling motor

Robertson Racin

All American Muscle
Established Member
Can I pull the motor and trans as one on an 02 Lightning??

Anything I need to look out for, or any tips???

MonkeysL

Established Member
Robertson Racin said:
Can I pull the motor and trans as one on an 02 Lightning??

Anything I need to look out for, or any tips???

you can't pull it as one unless you take the cab off. if u pull the motor out with the cab on make sure to take everything off the front of the motor and remove the radiator. its not that tough but you need all the extra room you can get. good luck ;-)

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
I heard , you should remove the bolts for the gas pedal as well. Shawn at JDM was telling me he has seen several people crack their cam covers by hitting the bolts that protrude through the firewall. -Mat-

DOHC Holliday

robot clean
Established Member
Yeah, back those bolts out for sure. Everything else is pretty straight forward. Gat ALL of the accessories off the front, hanging the A/C compressor off to the side, leaving the top bolt and bottom rear in their respective holes and just swing the P/S pump off to the side as well. Those two bolts I mentioned look like a PITA to get in there once the motor is back in place, so you may save yourself a headache by leaving them in. You can leave the intake and engine harness in place. You will need to remove the radiator as well, but be sure to put some cardboard or something against the condenser so you don't accidentally muck it up. Headers will need to be removed, stock manifolds will not.

Hope that helps a 'lil. It's really not that bad though. I dropped the tranny when I did mine but you can just put a jack under yours.

Users who are viewing this thread