Pullies and belts?? What belt for a 2.8 and 6lb lower?

Justin

Established Member
Pullies and belts??

Ok guys, I am about to get my car moving. I am planning on buying a 2.8 upper. I want to get the RR non slip. Not 100% sure they have a 2.8. Anyway my lower will be a metco 6. I have done some research and found that my best belt would be a Napa 74 inch. Am I wrong here? Also with the non slip pulley do I still need an idler, and if so witch one is best? Finally is there anything else I need (besides a chip&tune) to make this work right? Thanks...Justin

03DOHC

Established Member
Re: Pullies and belts??

Originally posted by Justin
Ok guys, I am about to get my car moving. I am planning on buying a 2.8 upper. I want to get the RR non slip. Not 100% sure they have a 2.8. Anyway my lower will be a metco 6. I have done some research and found that my best belt would be a Napa 74 inch. Am I wrong here? Also with the non slip pulley do I still need an idler, and if so witch one is best? Finally is there anything else I need (besides a chip&tune) to make this work right? Thanks...Justin
I think that belt will be a bit short for a 2.8 upper and a 6lb lower. Just a 2.8" upper uses a 73.5" belt.

Justin

Established Member
and this is why I ask questions., Thanks for getting it started. I must have read something wrong somewhere about the belt. So, what is the correct size I will need?

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Justin
and this is why I ask questions., Thanks for getting it started. I must have read something wrong somewhere about the belt. So, what is the correct size I will need?
I don't know. Sorry. I'm sure someone will chime in though.

Silver 03 Cobra

I just installed a four pound lower to go with my 2.80 pulley and a 75 in. belt is not even close with no idler pulleys. I use a 77.2 GY. My buddy has the 2.80 upper w/ a 6# lower with an idler and he uses the same belt I do. W/o an idler a 76 should work.

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
I have a 2.80 and 6 lb lower with one 92mm billetflow idler(facing blower front of car..to the left of the blower) and two 100mm Billetflow idlers(one on the wrap mod bracket and one near the power steering). One is used with the Billetflow blower pulley wrap idler mod. Stock Alternator pulley so far...I use a Gates/Napa 774 belt. All depends on what idlers you go with and blower pulley wrap mod. A 780 is too big...it works..just alittle on the large size. I am going to try and get a Goodyear Gatorback 772 and see how that works too.Yes I do have that nubby/stop broke off on the tensioner arm...I like to run the belt when the indicator is almost to the right side of the higher tension mark. Not passed it on tight side...just before it.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread