pullied cobra vs srt10 from 60 mph roll?

r.berry23

Established Member
hey all i just raced a viper for the first time im new to racing only have a few under my belt this was my first worthy competition unfortunately i lost by about a car my cars a 2003 black vert with only jlt rai, 2.8 pulley with amazon canned tune, magnapacks, and a pro 50 short shift. it was from a 60 mph roll and i had him by about 1/3 of a car through third but when i shifted to fourth he would gain thats how i lost im kind of dissapointed but with my mods i though that was pretty good wat do you think?

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Last edited:

16kOrBust

Established Member
That's a respectable death. Practice practice practice and that shifting loss will quickly turn into a driver's race or better.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
you maybe coulda pulled him, but since you have a vert that sounds about right. you have stock midpipe? I raced one once before I went to solid axle ( just saying becuase of weight savings) and I pulled him by a little over a car to 120, although mine was from a 40 roll giving him a little less of the advantage he would have at 60.

Last edited:

Zan186

Established Member
Actually Vipers are just beasts all the way around :)
They have incredible torque down low, hence they can spin those 14" tires easily.
All in all they are close to being an ideal race car. They have tremendous rwhp at low rpm's, have big fat tires for getting the power to the ground. They are aerodynamic for higher end speeds and the engine block can handle tons of extra mods.

Stock Vipers are fast right off the lot. Lightly modded Vipers are very common (intake and exhaust). They can be extremely fast with a good driver. If they got a Twin Turbo and the guy can actually drive, they are pretty much in a different league.

My 02 Viper is modded a bit with 510 rwhp and it pulls a lot harder than my GT500 (stock). You can feel the GT500 powerband come on at around 4000 rpm's. The Viper you can feel it at 2000 rpm's.
Both are great cars to drive, and the supercharger whine is nice to hear.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
vipers are pretty sick... as far as an affordable dream car it would be a close toss up between an old 97 gts or a new z06... probably would go with the Z but still close...

Users who are viewing this thread