Pullied cobra vs cam only t/a

therobman

Established Member
so i ran into a sick sounding pulled cobra coupe i have a cam only 2000 trans am m6 with 415rwhp . i pull besides him and he automatically downshifts and lets me hear the sick blower whine im like nice hes game ive been wanting to run one. so we line up at 55 i was in 2nd im assuming he was too. we both had 1 passanger, my cars so loud all i hear is the first honk and im waiting i couldnt hear shit. so he hits it and i follow in persuit, he got a 3/4 car from the hit and it looked like he was gunna keep pulling. i quickly shifted into 3rd stopped his pull i was shocked and by the top of 3rd he had about a 1/2 a car on me so i pulled a tiny bit back. i was happy my car did so well if we lined up even it would have been one hell of a run. i wanted to go a few more times but he hopped off wondered if it was anyone on here it was a redfire cobra with chrome inserts around the deer park ny area

Last edited:

16kOrBust

Established Member
Nice run, man. There's so much variation with a cammed LS1 setup and a pullied Cobra setup that you really never know what the outcome will be, especially when figuring in driver mod for both.

therobman

Established Member
thanks guys was alot of fun hopefully the guy is a member here id like to get some video runs

need it

Established Member
nice run..i live in deerpark n.y what color t.a you have?? i see a really nice red one on the ave every now and then..i am a fan of those cars too..wheres that red fire cobra..ill take care of him for ya..lol:beer:

Last edited:

therobman

Established Member
lol maybe its me its red with black rims i live in smithtown but was just crusin when i saw him

b515hg.jpg

need it

Established Member
lol maybe its me its red with black rims i live in smithtown but was just crusin when i saw him

b515hg.jpg

thats the car..nice ride!!!!!! first ram air i have seen with a nice set of wheels great choice..hard to find nice wheels for your cars!!! i use to sell trans am's back in the day at malmstrom pontiac..put a blower on that car and it will be a beast!!!

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
Nice run. That sounds about right. Your makes 415 vs a pullied cobra tht makes anywhere from 440-470. Your car makes less power but also weighs less. Nice to hear a story that actually makes sense lol.

therobman

Established Member
thanks next is a set of heads and intake hoping to make 470 n/a with 100 shot to top it off maybe ill see you on the road and have a friendly run

need it

Established Member
Nice run. That sounds about right. Your makes 415 vs a pullied cobra tht makes anywhere from 440-470. Your car makes less power but also weighs less. Nice to hear a story that actually makes sense lol.

that does sound right on..my buddy has a pullied cobra and when we run i put about a car on him due to the weight difference..

therobman

Established Member
thanks man same to you sick zo6 and ive seen your runs pulls hard for just boltons gotta love the 243's and the little bigger cam stock

Users who are viewing this thread