Pullied cobra going N2O

cah41

Established Member
So I don't have the money nor the time to do a port, pulley swap (lower), upgrade the fuel system (GT pumps, injectors, etc.), and everything else that comes with porting the Eaton. Wanting more power than my 2.70 pullied Eaton is making right now though (452/470 SAE, 470/490 STD), I opted to go with a nitrous kit. The tuner I go to uses an NX Express Wet kit (I am guessing it's the nozzle one, think it's part # 20922-10)--I want to go with a 125 shot of the juice. Tuner said I may need a BAP. I guess I would rather do a port first, but I figure I can do it right now, I can keep the N2O even if I do get a port/TS, and plus it's more power for less money and time anyway haha.

Just looking for any input people may have: the NX kit itself, any accessories that N2O cars really should have (purge kits? bottle heaters?), thoughts on N2O before porting, etc.

Looking forward to b/t 550-575 rwhp (and whole lot more torque I am guessing)! :dancenana:

My "major-mods" list now:
-2.70" upper, SCT custom dyno tune at Fastlane Motorsp.
-JLT CAI
-Magnaflow CB, Bassani O/R X
-H&R race springs
-17x9/10.5 chrome 03 replicas, 315/35/17 555R's on the rear
-cross-drilled, slotted front rotors

Last edited:

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
i say go for it!, i would think u would need a maf and bap, and get a tune for mix of race gas/pump gas, too make safe power on the n20!

forcefed03

9tmare
Established Member
If you want the most power for you're money, then i would go with:

NX Wet kit - the model # you said
BAP w/ wiring upgrade
Tune

or

Get your self a 4lb lower
Stage 5 port or 4 port
Set of 60 # injectors
BAP w/ wiring upgrade
NX Wet kit
Tune

-

I have that model NX kit, comes with everything i need in this Arizona heat. Just the bottle, no heater or remote opener. Should invest in a 40$ pressure gauge though.

GL

Last edited:

cah41

Established Member
i say go for it!, i would think u would need a maf and bap, and get a tune for mix of race gas/pump gas, too make safe power on the n20!

Well, I actually don't plan on running any race gas in it--so I am just going to have them tune it for 93 for now. Eventually I'd like to go E85 or methanol injection, I suppose...but, then again, I feel as if everyone says that haha (eventually).

Ive thought about doing that myself, but my t56 doesnt like me now.

That's one of my main worries--I know I can control how much abuse I put the IRS through by simply avoiding wheel hop/launching the car hard. But as far as simple power through the transmission and clutch, not much that I can do about that. I only have 32k on the odometer now--I hope that accurately reflects the age of the transmission/clutch. What is the issue with yours?

If you want the most power for you're money, then i would go with:

NX Wet kit - the model # you said
BAP w/ wiring upgrade
Tune

or

Get your self a 4lb lower
Stage 5 port or 4 port
Set of 60 # injectors
BAP w/ wiring upgrade
NX Wet kit
Tune

-

I have that model NX kit, comes with everything i need in this Arizona heat. Just the bottle, no heater or remote opener. Should invest in a 40$ pressure gauge though.

GL

#1 please! No, I would love to be able to do the port as well--it just isn't in the cards for me right now. But I want to do something, so I figured not being able to do the port is as good an excuse as any to do the N2O. BTW, your car must pull pretty hard with both the port/100 shot. How's the seat-of-the-pants feeling with vs w/o the juice?

Yeah I'll ask my tuner about the wiring upgrade and also look into the pressure gauge--thanks for the input. Since you have the same kit, might as well ask: to spray, I need to open the bottle manually, and from there it's simply a WOT-micro-switch activation, correct? And what are your thoughts on a purge kit?

Last edited:

forcefed03

9tmare
Established Member
#1 please! No, I would love to be able to do the port as well--it just isn't in the cards for me right now. But I want to do something, so I figured not being able to do the port is as good an excuse as any to do the N2O. BTW, your car must pull pretty hard with both the port/100 shot. How's the seat-of-the-pants feeling with vs w/o the juice?

Yeah I'll ask my tuner about the wiring upgrade and also look into the pressure gauge--thanks for the input. Since you have the same kit, might as well ask: to spray, I need to open the bottle manually, and from there it's simply a WOT-micro-switch activation, correct? And what are your thoughts on a purge kit?

My car made 500rwhp without nitrous, it pulled hard. With the nitrous it's a WOT Switch, so i floor it and i feel the nitrous come on and "wow" its an extra force pulling you.

My car pulls hard off nitrous and even harder on nitrous.

-

The wiring upgrade is just this, instead of wiring the BAP and using the exsisting power from the fpdm, you just run your own power along with a fuse and a relay, so its independent of its own power, thus making it work more efficiently.

-

I open the bottle and usually just leave it open, and when its closed and im driving, ill just ask my brother to climb in the back "CAREFULLY" and fold down the seat and turn that baby on lol.

I got the purge system because,
#1 its awesome
#2 it gets the nitrous all the way to the solniod, so you get that instant burst of nitrous.

cah41

Established Member
My car made 500rwhp without nitrous, it pulled hard. With the nitrous it's a WOT Switch, so i floor it and i feel the nitrous come on and "wow" its an extra force pulling you.

My car pulls hard off nitrous and even harder on nitrous.

-

The wiring upgrade is just this, instead of wiring the BAP and using the exsisting power from the fpdm, you just run your own power along with a fuse and a relay, so its independent of its own power, thus making it work more efficiently.

-

I open the bottle and usually just leave it open, and when its closed and im driving, ill just ask my brother to climb in the back "CAREFULLY" and fold down the seat and turn that baby on lol.

I got the purge system because,
#1 its awesome
#2 it gets the nitrous all the way to the solniod, so you get that instant burst of nitrous.

Thanks for the info! I'll definitely look into the wiring upgrade, as well as a purge kit. The next two weeks are going to drag ass until this goes on haha.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
get the mass air and a boost a pump. i personally liked the NOS kit with the plate kit. i have part of my kit for sale. im still using nitrous on my whippled cobra. but the plate is for an eaton blower. also get a purge, bottle heater and a pressure guage.

pm me and i can make u a deal on the plate kit that i have.

i have a brand new boost a pump as well for sale

Users who are viewing this thread