Pullied car today lethal belt didnt fit!!!

z06h8tr

Established Member
hey guys I pullied the cobra today. 2.76" BF, 100mm BF idler, the rest of the pullies are stock, and the belt guide off from stangshiftergaskets.com said I needed a 74" belt but I tried for a good hour trying to get it on and it wouldnt got on. Used the stock belt and still took me a good 10 mins to get that on. I was fully lowering the tensioner with both belts. Any ideas? I dont want belt slip so any info would be great. Thanks SVTP!!

mike.b

Established Member
That was the same belt i used, where are you trying to put it on last? Hopefully not the blower because ot will never work. Ive seen people try it though lol

Ceanes

Established Member
I always get the belt started around everything, then with tensioner pushed down, then slide the 100mm pulley on. Only way to get it on there I believe.

Chuck

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
^^^ bingo. Also, with a 2.76, 100mm idler combo, you should be running a 74.5 (per billetflows website). The last few numbers on the belt are telling you how big the belt is (Napa Micro-V AT 25-080740 = 74.0 inch belt.) The last few numbers should be 745

Get the correct belt and remove your idler. Like mentioned above, wrap everything else, then push the idler down on the belt and slide it onto the shaft. Put bolt in and tighten :beer:

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I always get the belt started around everything, then with tensioner pushed down, then slide the 100mm pulley on. Only way to get it on there I believe.

Chuck

Ding ding we have a winner folks!

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Keep in mind as well that the last few digits of the belt part number are no longer the actual length of the belt. It used to be 745 was a 74.5" belt and 750 was a 75" belt. That's no longer the case. The actual belt length is listed on the back of the belt.

Jared

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Keep in mind as well that the last few digits of the belt part number are no longer the actual length of the belt. It used to be 745 was a 74.5" belt and 750 was a 75" belt. That's no longer the case. The actual belt length is listed on the back of the belt.

Jared

When did this start?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

Jared

Interesting I still go by the last 3 digits and mine fits fine. Just put on the stock 751 and it's right in the middle of the 2 hash marks on the tensioner. How else are you suppose to determine what belt size your getting if not buying locally? Doesn't make sense to me. That would mean every belt I'm looking at online is giving false information on the belt size there selling?!

Last edited:

NJredfire03

Established Member
maybe someone here can answer this for me, i have a 2.81 upper and not sure what size idler, but its the steeda one. The stock belt has worked perfect for me. Bobs belt guide said stock was 75" and i have seen other places say 75.5". Which one is it? Either way I bought both belts so when I go to do it I can get it done the first time i try to do it

Florence76

Established Member
I figured it would fit just fine but no go.

Users who are viewing this thread