pullied 04 Cobra vs full bolt on h/c Camaro SS

SSSSIKH

I ♥ BOOST
Established Member
my 04 cobra (2.76, all idlers, k&n intake, midpipe, catback, tune) vs a full bolt on, heads/cam Camaro SS....we went from a 30mph roll since i was on street tires, and he was on drag radials. Also he was in 1st gear, and i was in 2nd. I ended up beating him by only 3/4 of a car...here is the vid...enjoy!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYscE2GQMAo"]YouTube - HD - 03 Cobra vs Camaro SS[/ame]

Last edited:

deec73

Established Member
Pretty much as expected. Give that Camaro a little juice and it will get ugly, lol.

Like this one, even with a PORTED blower... :??:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z64JxqUjcwE]YouTube - 03 Cobra vs Camaro[/ame]

venomws6

Established Member
Good kill man both cars sounded mean.

How much power do you have???? is the SS auto???

Stopsign32v

Established Member
or i can give my cobra a little juice n make it ugly for him...or put this on it, and put that on it, but it doesnt matter.

"you gotta run what ya brung"

That sad that you would need two power adders to outrun it though.

SSSSIKH

I ♥ BOOST
Established Member
Good Kill J!

I don't know whats up with that ls1 but hopefully i'll do better than him with less mods and less power

im looking forward to our run...even though your car makes me nervous...my hands are sweating already! lol

im not expecting a win..but still down!

Stopsign32v

Established Member
is it sad that he has a liter more displacment? RUN WHAT YA BRUNG. I get so sick of the ppl who are like wow you cant beat a N/A camaro, you have a supercharger dont you? retards:nonono:

A Mach will run with a LS1. So displacement isn't that big of a topic. Boost plus juice just to hang with a 346 with juice is kinda sad to me. :shrug:

webleedorange61

GO HORNS!!
Established Member
A Mach will run with a LS1. So displacement isn't that big of a topic. Boost plus juice just to hang with a 346 with juice is kinda sad to me. :shrug:

:eek: uhhh not in my neck of the woods they dont.... plus most blower cars run a 50-75shot, While the Ls1's are using 150 or higher.

edit: they dont say "theres no replacement for displacment" for no reason...

BayareaSS

Established Member
im looking forward to our run...even though your car makes me nervous...my hands are sweating already! lol

im not expecting a win..but still down!

Nothing to be nervous about. Its just a cam only ls1 with a nitrous tune. So its low on power and its full weight. A pullied cobra should pull me easy :thumbsup:

Plus you just beat a h/c ls1 so you should be ready to lay the smack down on me!

Last edited:

SSSSIKH

I ♥ BOOST
Established Member

show me a mach running with a heads/cam ls1...

:eek: uhhh not in my neck of the woods they dont.... plus most blower cars run a 50-75shot, While the Ls1's are using 150 or higher.

edit: they dont say "theres no replacement for displacment" for no reason...

thank you sir...some people just never get it! lol:beer:

SSSSIKH

I ♥ BOOST
Established Member
Nothing to be nervous about. Its just a cam only ls1 with a nitrous tune. So its low on power and its full weight. A pullied cobra should pull me easy :thumbsup:

i've seen your car run in person many times...street and track

if i didnt know you, i wouldnt believe you that it was cam only...runs strong as hell!!!

...you just have the right mods, that play along great with each other! including the driver...:coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread