Pullied 03 Cobra vs 425FWHP Srt 4

ademily87

Established Member
I'm usually not one for bench racing by any means, but this is happening after work tonight anyways so I figured it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and post a topic.

So there's a guy at work that has an I dunno what year SRT 4 that he said put down 425hp on the dyno and is untuned and maxing out his fuel injectors. Think he said it's a stage 3 turbo or something?
Anyways, really nice guy and said he'd like to do a couple friendly runs tonight after work. My car put down 479/505 on a dyno jet. We'll be racing from a roll since he doesn't have 2nd gear. I'm thinking like 50ish mph with me in 3rd? My tires are like plastic in this cold weather so starting off in 2nd isn't even an option.

You guys think I have a chance against this little beast? Anybody else ever ran I "higher than usual hp" srt?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

busarich

Established Member
I Doubt He Dynoed 425 Wheel Untuned On A Stage 3 Setup. I Dynoed 448 When I Had One With A Hp61 Ported Head (Dcr) Cams And A BuiLt 2.6 Dcr Stroker. That Was On 20Psi On Pump. The Mopar Stage 3 Is A Good Bit Smaller Than That Hp61 I Had. I Wouldnt Worry. I Think Hes Not Correct About Dyno #S.

ctgreddy

Established Member
IF he's really putting down 425whp then he'll pull on you, especially playing into his game of a higher roll race. If you could do a 20-30 roll you could prolly edge him out at first, but it looks like that's not an option. If his numbers are right, then I say him be 3ish cars. If he's just a normal stage 3 srt4, then I'll say you be 2.

ademily87

Established Member
So pretty much if he's really at 425 I should technically get ate up if we both are decent drivers?

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
Yeah man those things are light. Just hope he doesn't brake boost and have no lift shift...

I will be running a low 400 hp one next weekend.

Last edited:

SS EATR

Established Member
I don't see him close to that power range, but I ran a high 300whp srt4 with a 56 trim turbo and pulled him by several cars from a 40 roll and at the time I only made 432/445

kaz109

Established Member
Doubt he is putting down that unturned if he is Stage 3 unless it is a big wheel S3 as those will make that power and have an amazing tq curve. If he is trully at that power lever though he will have to know how to drive it as he will be well over 500tq. Hard to tell as you don't know his mods very well but if it is what he says it is then u will lose bad....3+ cars. And as somebody else pointed out if u go from a very low roll he will catch u very fast . He makes more tq and is lighter than you.

But most neons that should win normally lose or the car doesn't make the power the own claims so odds are in your favor

kaz109

Established Member
Dangit he went home early!

What a pussy!!! He is dodging u now because he knows he was full of shit!!! Lol ...also just thought about this, stage 3 is a kit so he should already be tuned unless he just has the turbo so when you talk to him again as if its the whole kit or just the turbo. Also ask if it is big wheel :thumbsup:

ademily87

Established Member
Sorry for the let down guys. We're working again tomorrow so we'll see. Try to even do it at lunch so theres some day light for the video. Should be a close race.

And from what I've heard from people I seriously doubt he's backing down lol His car appears to be pretty nasty from what I've heard.

ademily87

Established Member
getting close to lunch time...
Oh, make sure you have the GoPro with you..... Good Luck..

No go pro here. I have 1080 recording on my phone so it shouldn't be too bad.

And our lunch is around 7. I work 2nd shift haha

ModularKid'04

Established Member
Depending on how long this race lasts, he might actually run out of gear. I ran a guy who said his put down 410rwhp on e85. With that kind of power maybe those cars still pull up top but we went from about a 50-130, he spun 3rd pretty good and by the time he caught up and was close to coming around me, he said he was at the top of 4th but we ran out of room. No doubt, that car moved

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Depending on how long this race lasts, he might actually run out of gear. I ran a guy who said his put down 410rwhp on e85. With that kind of power maybe those cars still pull up top but we went from about a 50-130, he spun 3rd pretty good and by the time he caught up and was close to coming around me, he said he was at the top of 4th but we ran out of room. No doubt, that car moved

^^ Defiantly a ricer move. Top out 4th and bail :bash:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
I say the SRT blows up after 1 pull. Untuned.. no 2nd gear? Doubting this is a well maintained car...

ademily87

Established Member
He didn't come to work today either. Sorry guys I'm trying!

I'll probably lose but it's still gonna be a fun race. The only thing I've even come close to losing to was a c5Z06. My car isn't that fast, but there's not many cars that mess with me down here. Mainly kids in imports and other mustangs haha

Users who are viewing this thread