pulleys

punisher

Established Member
I had my upper blower pulley replaced the other the day to a 2.8 inch. I a gained 10 hp. the bad thing is that I read an article on blower pulleys. It basically stated that eaton and magnuson are the only ones that have the proper tool to do the work. Using a shop press or a puller the do the pulley swap works, but will still damage the shaft bearing and cause premature snout failure down the line. If anyone has come across this problem please let me know. My lightning doesn't even have 1000 miles and I don't want to start having problems this early. Thanks :(

punisher

Established Member
lower pulley

that's going to happen within the next month or so. Along with the long tube headers and chip.

SNKBITE

Established Member
I installed the 2.80 pulley ( 1# of boost) on my 01 Lightning along with a 6# lower when the truck had 500 miles on it. Put another 11,000 hard miles on it, mostly to, and at the strip, and never had a problem with it. I installed the upper with the tools furnished and did not remove the snout to do so. I do not doubt that some have had problems, but if it were to be known, I am willing to bet it was do to the fact they did not do the installation properly. I was making 495 horses, and 628 lb. ft. or torque with that combination and a good tune.

punisher

Established Member
Ok, I feel better now. and I was reading that article over and over and it might just be a business scheme because the people that wrote the article specialize in making and installing lower crank pulleys. who knows
well, thanks for all the comments.

Users who are viewing this thread