Pulleys and Car miliage

RTM

Established Member
Not trying to beat a dead horse, but I'm going to be adding a pulley/tune pretty soon.

How many miles have some of you guys put on your car after a pulley swap.? There is an interesting thread going at another board about engine failures.

After looking at some of the results, most of the problems have been due to the pistons and heat issues. I also noticed that most cars were boosted pretty good.

I read the comment that "it does not matter how on your tune is, anytime you up boost you are going to see failure eventually".

I want to push my car to the threshold of reliability limits, but still keep it safe. I don't run it on a track, but do get the occasional redlight to redlight run with it.

Any and all opinions welcome.

Thanks,
Todd

cobra101

Established Member
I have about 7k miles since putting on a 2.75RR. No problems (cross fingers) as of yet. The car has a total of 20.5k miles. I have heard of a few others with over 35k with most bolt ons and a pulley.

I am shooting for at least 75k-100k miles without engine problems. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread