Pulley upgrade in Tampa.

Brucealeg

Established Member
Guys,
I am going to be doing the pulley mod soon, I hope. I am definately going to have Need 4 Speed do the tune. Based on all the positive feedback on these forums. Is it a waste of money to buy the pulley hardware and plugs from them and have them install the hardware, or should I do it myself? I'm not the most handy and would like knowing N4S would stand behind their work. I don't want to waste money though. It'll be $600 ish to get parts and labor from them.

What do you guys think?

Bruce

Lampy1978

I Got Worms
Established Member
Tony stands by all his work, he did the mods on my L and I have been nothing but happy ever since. I don't know what the Cobra's set-up is, but I did have him do my plugs because of the infamous thread situation on the 02 and earlier Lightnings. The pulley you could probably do yourself, or have 03SVT help you out.

Hope this helps.

JaketheSnake

roll race? where?
Established Member
Check out Coastaldyno.com....prob get by cheaper and Sam does outstanding work, his shop is in Brandon and does great tuning and has his own dyno, tell him Jake sent you

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
I've been to most of the shops in the Tampa area. Tony is a nice guy, but I didn't have any work done there, just bought a couple of parts. Sam @ Coastal Dyno is a nice guy as well. Bought parts and had them installed there. Personally, I'd recommend him/them over the others.

BTW, you need to call first to see who carries the specific brands you are looking for. I preferred the SCT tuner over the Diabo stuff, and I couldn't find anyone in Tampa that carried it, so I got it from Lamotta Performance in Orlando. Patrick was reallly nice as well.

Of course doing it yourself is the cheapest and most satisfying experience...if everything goes well.

Brucealeg

Established Member
Guys,
Thanks for all the info and feedback. Plus the offer of help from SVT03. I'll definately check out Costal.

Thanks,
Bruce

Mi Diablo

Need2Speed Racer
Established Member
Bruce, if you're around this weekend, there is going to be a Dyno Day going on there at Coastal.

Check out www.tamparacing.com for more information on this (listed under Local Events).

Also, if you decide to do the install yourself, and will be in the area of Coastal - I'm sure that if you bought a few brewskies, and a pizza, we could handle the install. A good friend of mine has a Puller we can use and it's just a short install, novice level.

JP

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Originally posted by Mi Diablo
Also, if you decide to do the install yourself, and will be in the area of Coastal - I'm sure that if you bought a few brewskies, and a pizza, we could handle the install. A good friend of mine has a Puller we can use and it's just a short install, novice level.

JP
JP, try to bring the pulley changer either way. If I can make it (got kids) I'll bring a few brewski's & pizza (NY Style), and we can switch out my 3.10 for my 2.93. :beer:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Whats up Bruce? Like Midiablo said, we could help you out. Tampa is only about 20-35min away so thats not a problem. I am sure we can find a good weekend to do it. I am free next weekend.

All you need to install is the pulley/idler pulley/plugs/belt/chip correct? If so, thats no problem.

Brucealeg

Established Member
<<Whats up Bruce? Like Midiablo said, we could help you out. Tampa is only about 20-35min away so thats not a problem. I am sure we can find a good weekend to do it. I am free next weekend.

All you need to install is the pulley/idler pulley/plugs/belt/chip correct? If so, thats no problem.>>

Nothing much. Just want to get me some more HP and TRQ. :) This weekend was bad because I am moving. I still need to get the parts and decide who's going to dyno tune the car after we install the parts. I really appreciate the offer of help guys. As soon as I can get the parts, I'll let everyone know. Then beers are on me. :)

Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread