Pulley Swap on Eaton

z06h8tr

Established Member
Question, do you need the billetflow hub to change the stock pulley over to say a 2.76" or is the hub just there for quick removal and install? I ask cause I still have to stock pulley but my buddy has a 2.76" without a hub, and I want to buy it off him. Thanks for the help guys

swt99svt

Established Member
Yes, you need the hub. Unless you can find a direct replactment. Get the hub, it makes life easier and has a great look. This coming from experience as I swapped my direct replacement 2.76 for a BF setup.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
The ring bolts to the hub. So yes you have to have the hub.

Also if you do this or anyone else sees this be sure and use some ANTI-SEIZE on the snout shaft or inside the pulley.

z06h8tr

Established Member
ok so question, my friend has his old eaton with the 2.76 and the hub, but how do you remove the hub from the snout?

flamedstang95

Gettin' Dirty
Established Member
ok so question, my friend has his old eaton with the 2.76 and the hub, but how do you remove the hub from the snout?

You need a special tool to remove it. Sometimes you can find them in the classifieds. I'm sure Posi Performance sells them too

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member

You'll need a pulley installation/removal tool to do so. Also more than likely the hub will get bent trying to remove it. If so it can be trued back up in a lathe or you can just buy a new one.

If it bends and you install it then it will be a lot of vibration.

Honestly I'd just swap complete snouts myself. You'll have to reseal them both but at least this way you will not damage the hub trying to take it off.

Users who are viewing this thread