Pulley squealing

army_man1014

Established Member
The last week or so I noticed something was squealing under my hood. I really couldnt pin point where it was coming from so today i decided to take off my belt and then the pulleys and clean and examine them. WEll my belt looks good but i noticed the noise was from the pulley below and to right of s/c pulley. I put some oil on back of it installed it and still was making squeal.

then i noticed if i loosened the bolt holding it then the noise will go away and when i tightened it then it started again. I cant leave it loose or the bolt will back out.

What do u guys think this is. Bad pulley maybe!

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
What brand of pulleys do you got? Sometimes even the aftermarket ones go out, I have a set of billetflows and one of them was squeeling like a bitch awhile back. Bearings went out!

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Is it and Aux. Idler or an actually idler? Take a pic if you dont mind, if I was you I would replace it asap, (stock and some Aftermarket) idlers have been known to shatter and cause some serious damage!

army_man1014

Established Member
dont mind all the dirt and all, as of now my car is a DD and i use her alot since its the 1st year i have her...usually shes clean... so what do u think

its the one down and to right of s/c pulley.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Its billetflow, the bearing must be going bad. I would either take the Aux off or replace it if I was you! Just incase!

BBCOBRA

Established Member
I've replaced mine with bearings from napa. Just use a press or get ome one to do it for you. It's not a big deal. The bearings are around 8.00 or so.

I tried repacking mine one time but they just continued to leak after that. I got tired of cleaning the grease fillm and just replaced them.

I used these bearings: SKF bearing.... part number: 6203-2RSJ

I also saw a reference to these: Federal Mogul and part number is: 203-FF

Users who are viewing this thread