Pulley size

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
You will probably read many ideas on this subject.

I tried the 3.20, 2.93, 2.80 and I am very happy with the 2.93.

The 3.20 is not enough and imho the 2.80 is too much.

Some are using the 3.10.

I would like to try the 3.0 if there is such a thing?

You will have traction problems without slicks or ?

Once you have driven a pulleyed car you won't go back!!
:thumbsup:

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by James M. Foster
T3, where did you purchase yours. I am considering the 3.10 or 2.93. Any belt slippage? I have traction probs now.

James there are many places to buy the pulley kit with the press.

I purchased mine from http://www.southfloridapulleyhq.com/other_sc_vehicles_frame.htm

Terry the owner was extremely helpful and full of information and is where I spent my $$.

I would recommend the DUB setup so you can quickly switch out the differnt size pulleys. Buy the puller kit and the dub plate just in case you need to take it all back off some day.

He also has the 74" gatorback belt, tr6 plugs.

The superchip he offers for the mods in my sig is absolutely perfect.

Good Luck

:thumbsup:

wyd_trkr

-
Established Member
Originally posted by T3 Cobra
Wish Terry from SFPHQ made the 3.00 in a DUB??

Terry are you listening!!!

T3Cobra, the making of a 3.0" DUB Pulley would be a waste of time and especially when you are only talking about 1/2 lb. boost difference between the two!

The reason for us to come up with the Factory Lightning 2.93" Pulley in a DUB Unit, was for the Lightning guy's to change back to stock size, from a 2.80" DUB Pulley in the Heat of the Summer, with running a 4 or 6 lb. Lower Crank Pulley, to help eliminate any Knock retard that would be present.

When the 03 Cobra's came out, the 2.93" DUB Pulley unit was perfect for more boost, besides carrying the 2.80" DUB Pulley, for yet more boost out of these Cobra's.

Hope this helps, as we should also have the New 3.1" DUB Pulleys in the next couple of weeks, which will put us at 5 different pulley sizes for the 03 Cobra's in 3.4", 3.2", 3.1", 2.93" & 2.80"..... Dial_Ur_Boost guy's! :coolman:

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
I have the 3 inch pulley and with the right size belt, 74 inch, I haven't had any slippage problems so far. It's early yet though.
It puts out 12 1/2 pounds up to the redline, no drop off. So far so good. Next thing is a 2 pound lower along with it.
Dana

Users who are viewing this thread