pulley set up

gtmuscle

Established Member
I have a steggi stage V ported throttle body and eaton and a 2.8 upper, a SCT tune and no other supporting mods, which dynoed at 510/477. I want to change the pulley set up to get more torqe. Do i just need to add a 4# lower, or do i need the idler set, tensioner, etc. I would like to get all new stuff and want to do it right. Any suggestions??

Digital

Established Member
I have a steggi stage V ported throttle body and eaton and a 2.8 upper, a SCT tune and no other supporting mods, which dynoed at 510/477. I want to change the pulley set up to get more torqe. Do i just need to add a 4# lower, or do i need the idler set, tensioner, etc. I would like to get all new stuff and want to do it right. Any suggestions??

Most people that go with a lower setup end up breaking a idler eventually so if you had the money i'd get all new idlers right off the bat.
A 2.8 upper and 4# lower will give you some more hp and even out the tq as well as give you better belt wrap for less slipping.
If you're talking about the actual tensioner i wouldent worry about that, if you're talking about the upper snub idler people add I would grab one of those while you're changing idlers.

gtmuscle

Established Member
Money spent now is money saved later, so i wan to do it right and gain a little hp but evenout (increase) the torque. Does billetflow make a kit that has ALL of the pullies , idlers etc.?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
As Digital pointed out, whenever increasing boost levels, definitley get all now idler pullies. The majority of us run an auxilliary upper idler pulley whenver going to a 2.93 or smaller upper pulley. Helps with belt slip. So thus, you will need to replace the 3 existing idler pullies, plus purchase the aux idler and bracket that comes with it. Billetflow does make a complete set for your convenience.

The 4 lb lower will increase your torque for sure and comes with a kit that you must install to make it work with the existing factory system. I'm sure Billetflow will be glad to sell you one of those too! Now, all you need is a new belt and tune and your ready to go.

gtmuscle

Established Member
Thanks, i will call them and get the whole set up, have my tuner put them and tune the car. I appreaciate the help

gtmuscle

Established Member
ordered the lower pulley kit from METCO, and turns out the car alreeady has the 3 piece idler and tensioner from motoblu. Anybody heard of Motoblu, is it good or should i ket another new kit from metco or billetflow.

Will i need a BAP and MAFIA or new injectors as well??

hitboost

Established Member
I personally don't have these mods YET... But from what I've been reading, everyone with a ported blower & pulley swaps are running the BAP, MAFia & new injectors as well

Users who are viewing this thread