Pulley issues

sd90ace

Established Member
Hello all, im still having a hard time finding parts or getting parts for my 02 ford lightning. Maybe this is well known knowledge “my issue” but i just bought this truck new and drove it!!! NO MODS!!! I gave this truck to my son to drive in high school with 155,000 miles bone stock. Never any trouble besides the blown spark plug at 45,000 miles which ford paid for to fix, no problems since. At 155,000 miles ive never changed anything on the pulley side “ idles, tensioners, water pump, ac, alternator, belts etc” the other day he drove home and I heard a rattling, sounded like a pulley. I pulled the supercharger belt off to isolate the noise and it’s definitely coming from the accessories side” inner belt side”. So i said lets change all idlers tensioners because it prolly needs it. Note “i want to go back with stock everything” idlers and inner tensioner was easy to get, supercharger tensioner i can not find, napa dont show it, might have to go with rockauto. I go to change the belts and i find out i have to pull the supercharger crankpulley to change the inner belt, wow!!! So i turn the crank pulley by hand with belt loose and its kinda grinding, so i want to change just that pulley back with stock parts. Is this a pulley that goes bad? I can find aftermarket pulleys all day but i want stock diameter. Any suggestions? Should i go ahead and change water pump and alternator while im in there? Sorry if this is well known info but i just dont know, i just drove the truck and never upgraded anything. Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread