Pulley Install Questions

02RedLightning

Established Member
Hey guys I know this has been discussed to death, because I did a search but I still have a couple questions.

1. For those with smaller upper pulleys installed did you install the pulley yourself?

2. What pulley puller did you use and what were your impressions of it? Did it mar the pulley up so that it couldn't be reinstalled incase of warranty repairs being needed?

3. For those that installed it themselves any pics of the install? One post has links but the pictures don't work!

4. Lastly if you had to do another upper swap would you want to use the same type pulley puller again or try another?

Sorry for the length just that I like to have alot of info before I go buying parts.....gotta be sure to get the right stuff!!!

Thanks!

tommygun

Established Member
I did the upper install myself in the pits at WFC. I installed a 2.80. Its straight forward and simple if you have the correct tool. When you purchace the pulley from whatever company ask if they have the install and pulling tool avail. The install tool is no more then a powersteering pulley install tool and the removal tool is similar just a bit smaller. Take your time and it works great. The lower pulley uses a german 14mm hex which is a pain to find. When you find it its a breeze just tight quarters. I also installed a Metco 100MM tensioner, easy install on that, just make sure to remove the tab from the cars tensioner so you will have enough belt slack to get it around all the pullies. Good luck

finally

Established Member
I installed it myself.
Amazon puller very good.
No pics of the procedure.
Took about 30-45 min to take stock one off and put new one on. that was including time figuring out how to put the tool together.

Users who are viewing this thread