Pulley Install Help....

02RedLightning

Established Member
I am getting ready to install an upper pulley, but my car has the plug in the middle of the pulley not the bolt. How many on here have removed their pulley that had the plug? How can I get it out without trashing it just incase I ever need it again? Is it screwed in like a regular bolt??? Please Help!

Also what pulley puller did you use for removal and install?

Thanks.

dougwg

Established Member
ya know... if you put your city and state up instead of just sayen USA there might be someone close that would be willing to stop by and give you a hand.

As far as the plastic cap.....just get your finger nails under it and unscrew it just like a screw.

Pulley Puller.....simple.... http://www.amazonracing.com

02RedLightning

Established Member
dougwg maybe I will change it soon or later....Thanks for the helpful info.

How bout it everybody else is it that loose the I can just get my fingernails underneath is and back it out like a bolt? I know there has to be more people out there that had the plug that have taken it out....

RKANYZ

Established Member
it is not a plastic screw or bolt. it is a push in plastic pin, used on door panels and such. you can work it out with your fingers or use some panel poppers or side cutters. if it gets damaged you can find a new one at autoparts or home improvement stores.

Users who are viewing this thread