Pulley Install Help

02RedLightning

Established Member
Hey guys I know this has been discussed to death, because I did a search but I still have a couple questions.

1. For those with smaller upper pulleys installed did you install the pulley yourself?

2. What pulley puller did you use and what were your impressions of it? Did it mar the pulley up so that it couldn't be reinstalled incase of warranty repairs being needed?

3. For those that installed it themselves any pics of the install? One post has links but the pictures don't work!

4. Lastly if you had to do another upper swap would you want to use the same type pulley puller again or try another?

Sorry for the length just that I like to have alot of info before I go buying parts.....gotta be sure to get the right stuff!!!

Thanks!:beer:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
First> Why an upper pulley?
2 > the Pulley boys puller works great. I've also heard the Amazon Racing Puller works great too.

02RedLightning

Established Member
I had a lower pulley on my Lightning. Most people use the upper on the Cobras so I figured why not? Any ideas Lightning Larry?

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
Originally posted by 02RedLightning
Hey guys I know this has been discussed to death, because I did a search but I still have a couple questions.

1. For those with smaller upper pulleys installed did you install the pulley yourself?

2. What pulley puller did you use and what were your impressions of it? Did it mar the pulley up so that it couldn't be reinstalled incase of warranty repairs being needed?

3. For those that installed it themselves any pics of the install? One post has links but the pictures don't work!

4. Lastly if you had to do another upper swap would you want to use the same type pulley puller again or try another?

Sorry for the length just that I like to have alot of info before I go buying parts.....gotta be sure to get the right stuff!!!

Thanks!:beer:

If you hop on over to the NMRA event is Ennis Texas I'll show you step by step how to do an install. I'll also show you pros and cons of different pullers.

Rick

Users who are viewing this thread