Pulley in stall question

03auto

Established Member
Just got my Billetflow puller/installer and this thing works great. Have a couple of questions. I pulled the pulley and the backside of it is galded up.Also there is a washer behide the pulley that has 8 tabs on the side of it, What is it for and do I leave it on when installing another pulley.

03auto

Established Member
What I thought. Does any one have a break down of the blower snout?

SpectorV

Established Member
when I pulled my OEM pulley off it was just the round shaft with the hold in it for the bolt, no washer no nothing else. I pressed on the hub using the install tool and that was it (used bearing grease to slide it on of course)

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Sounds like the ring that holds the seal in the snout is loose and was hitting the back side of your pulley. There should be a ring that pushes into the end of the snout to help hold the seal and bearings in place. The ring is very thin. I'm having trouble thinking of the proper name right now but still this should be close enough.

If it's the ring simply push it back in and then push all the tabs back down against the inner wall of the snout. Install new pulley and be on your way. If the ring is damaged let me know and I have a couple of old ones sitting around I believe.

03auto

Established Member
Sounds dead on what I am seeing. Thanks I really appreciate your help

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^Good news then. Just take a sharp object and once you put that piece back down in the snout you can just push the ends of the tabs to make them dig in again. In all reality though that piece is pretty much useless. The seal is pressed in anyways.

and your very welcome.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread