Pulley and belt questions - Whipple conversion

Avispa

Established Member
Just picked up an 03 dark shadow gray convertible so we can have his and hers Cobras. This one came with the stock Eaton blower and factory tune.

The blower has what measures out to be a 2.92 pulley. It has three 90 mm Motoblue idlers (yeah, I've read the horror stories, but they'll stay put for now) and a 100 mm auxiliary idler next to the Eaton pulley. This setup takes the factory size belt (Gates equivalent K 80751).

Questions: I am going to put a 2.3 Whipple on this car eventually. I have a 3.0 Whipple pulley in my parts box and when I put it over the Eaton pulley there was still some side clearance to the auxiliary idler, so it looks like it will fit. Does anyone know if this setup (Whipple 2.3 with 3.0 pulley and 100 mm aux idler) will fit and what belt I'm going to need if it will?

If I want to run the 3.5 pulley on the Whipple I'm assuming I'll have to go to a 90 mm auxiliary idler. Anyone know what belt I'll need for this setup?

I've searched the forum and was not able to find the answers. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread