pulled the trigger on the paint job...

cobra777

Autographx
Established Member
so the nose and hood on the Saleen were starting to get a little chipped up. And sense I've only got a couple weeks until the Hot Rod Power Tour, i decided to pull the trigger and get her painted. I stopped by the paint shop today and took some pictures of the process.:eek:

IMG_6680.jpg

IMG_6679.jpg

IMG_6678.jpg

IMG_6677.jpg

IMG_6674.jpg

IMG_6673.jpg

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
so what color did you choose?

INNOVATE_1

Part-time Dream Crusher
Established Member
This thread does not deliver... :burn:

If it was the whole car getting painted it would be worthy of bandwidth perhaps but this like someone saying,"decided to vacuum my car, here's some pics"...

Nice Saleen btw!! :)

cobra777

Autographx
Established Member
This thread does not deliver... :burn:

If it was the whole car getting painted it would be worthy of bandwidth perhaps but this like someone saying,"decided to vacuum my car, here's some pics"...

Nice Saleen btw!! :)

LOL- I see your point. Nicely put! :lol1:

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
cobra777,

The True Blue offered in 2001 & maybe 2002 I think on the 99-04 stangs was a great color indeed. I'm glad to see that you stayed with this factory color...

SpectorV

Established Member
look into a 3m clear bra to keep it nice, not cheap but works (quoted 1200 to do front end and rockers etc)

cobra777

Autographx
Established Member
are you planning on covering the front while on the tour. You are going to get peppered with bugs, and rocks along the way.

No, i figure I'll drive it for another two years or so and end up repainting the whole car at that point so I'm not freaking out about it. I did think about that though.

cobra777

Autographx
Established Member
are you planning on blending the fenders or just scuff and shoot on hood and front cover?

I'm really not sure how they are doing it to be honest with ya. should be done about the middle of this week. Hopefully it matches... :rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread