Pulled some realistic renders from 6G

paynecasey

Established Member
Thought I'd share. Looks pretty accurate.
attachment.php

attachment.php

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
The previous top of the line model's (gt500) features seem to be the introduced into the newer basic entry model cars, if that make any sense. Regardless this rendering looks sick. I could see this being the GT and the yellow being the base v6

paynecasey

Established Member
Fusion coupe

To be honest I don't think it's the first time Ford blended the car lineup. Pretty sure the 1996 Mustang mirrors the Taurus or Tempo of that era and in a way the Fusion/Focus/Fiesta is an evolution of the Mustangs front grill.

Last edited:

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Fusions are selling like hotcakes. When will you retro lovers finally own up to the fact that the Mustang is in DESPERATE need of an update in looks and technology. In order for the car to continue to succeed it needs to evolve and improve. Just putting more and more HP in a live axle 4000 pound retro looking car is not the answer.

Fusion coupe

americansteel

Banned
Fusions are selling like hotcakes. When will you retro lovers finally own up to the fact that the Mustang is in DESPERATE need of an update in looks and technology. In order for the car to continue to succeed it needs to evolve and improve. Just putting more and more HP in a live axle 4000 pound retro looking car is not the answer.

you think people don't know that? the mustang does need a redesign, but what ford has on the new concepts is what is disappointing people. the front end and rear end are just down right terrible looking. the over all body design hasn't changed much beyond the current mustang. when you write technology? what else more technological could be put on the mustang? IRS is nothing new, direct injection is nothing new. the 400 pound weight loss will be much needed especially for the current 5.0l motor. fusion sells big because its a ford! the fusion has always had big sales number. if any thing the fusion needs a drastic redesign actually all ford cars need a redesign.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
What are you talking about? The new design (if it's close to the renders) is the most aggressive looking the Mustang has ever been. I jsut don't understand how you can look at it an prefer a retro look. JMO, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

you think people don't know that? the mustang does need a redesign, but what ford has on the new concepts is what is disappointing people. the front end and rear end are just down right terrible looking. the over all body design hasn't changed much beyond the current mustang. when you write technology? what else more technological could be put on the mustang? IRS is nothing new, direct injection is nothing new. the 400 pound weight loss will be much needed especially for the current 5.0l motor. fusion sells big because its a ford! the fusion has always had big sales number. if any thing the fusion needs a drastic redesign actually all ford cars need a redesign.

TheRebel

Established Member
What are you talking about? The new design (if it's close to the renders) is the most aggressive looking the Mustang has ever been. I jsut don't understand how you can look at it an prefer a retro look. JMO, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

It's not that the car has to be retro but it needs to be different. I don't want to drive something that looks like all the other cars Ford has on the road. This is Ford's halo since they dropped the GT and right now there is nothing to get excited about.

whiplash306

Established Member
I personally LOVE the look, assuming it looks anything like the OP's rendering. I remember VERY WELL in '05, when the retro look was introduced, as to how literally DISGUSTED I was. So the above rendering is a welcomed change!

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
Don't get me wrong, I like the retro look, I like the fusion, but I think the mustang should have its own identity. Joe Blow down the street won't know the difference between the new renderings and the fusion. The mustang should be a car that is instantly recognizable. A fusion coupe would be cool IMO, but a mustang shouldn't look like a fusion coupe. I was really hoping ford was gonna come out with an original design. But looks like they are playing it safe and designed the mustang after their most popular product. Does it look good, sure. But the new edge mustangs looked so good because they didn't look like anything else on the road. That's what I was hoping for in the design area.

Users who are viewing this thread