pulled over for front plate AGAIN!

FVChopper

SVTP
Established Member
this is in texas and there is no specific law stating you cannot have it in the dash damnit, the cop even said "the law only states that the plate has to be visible from 300 feet away, in which he saw me at NIGHT FROM 20 FEET AWAY, bunch of bs, then he says well is it the stock bumper i said ya it is and there is no mounting points on it he just comes back and says well i thinkt hey sell brackets at auto zone, this is the same guy who has pulled me over both times first a verbal warning this time a written warning, :bs:

TrchRedSVT

Established Member
I live in NJ and the cops also bother you for that shit, I just got my termie today and im nto drilling in that bumper, no way

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Its illegal down here too, but I can't help it, it just looks like crap with it on.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
most cops here will only use it when they need to (probable cause if they suspect you for something else), but if you actually get pulled over, and you piss them off, they'll use it against you. They'll not only give you the speeding ticket, but the front plate ticket and for me tinted tail lights. Didn't happen to me, but a friend. He had never had a cop mention his tinted tails until he got pulled over. Got a ticket for them.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I live in NJ and the cops also bother you for that shit, I just got my termie today and im nto drilling in that bumper, no way

For God's sake please do not say termie...that's a horrible 1st post...it's Terminator...thank you

silver04venom

David
Established Member
Had a few warnings when I had already been pulled over in my 02 and 03 GT's. Nothing with the snake yet, I think it also depends on what you look like. When I have a Giants hat on or backwards with a T-shirt, I see the cops eyeballin' me. When I'm on my way home from work in a white shirt and tie, they just nod and go about their business. :rockon:

-Dave

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member
Just got my "no front plate" ticket signed off today. Bought a clamp on bracket that attaches to the bottom of the H/E opening. Cop didn't even bother coming out of the police station, he just looked out the window and signed it off. Pfft! If I would have know that I would have used double sided tape and saved me the $50 I spent on the bracket.

Oh well. Let's just say as soon as I got home I took the plate off. :banana:
Front plate FTMFL! Totally ruins the lines of that sweet ass front bumper.

Qwk GT

Established Member
I used to live in TX, Dallas and Plano cops will do anything to pull you over. Guess they don't have anything better to do.

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
Been pulled over 5 times and got 3 warnings and 2 tickets for it.
Lucky I only drive her on the weekends now and rarely have to mess with it anymore.

I'll never put one on I'll just pay the fine.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
+2

3 tickets so far, plus the blacked-out windows don't help but attract more...

FVChopper

SVTP
Established Member
Just got my "no front plate" ticket signed off today. Bought a clamp on bracket that attaches to the bottom of the H/E opening. Cop didn't even bother coming out of the police station, he just looked out the window and signed it off. Pfft! If I would have know that I would have used double sided tape and saved me the $50 I spent on the bracket.

Oh well. Let's just say as soon as I got home I took the plate off. :banana:
Front plate FTMFL! Totally ruins the lines of that sweet ass front bumper.

PLEASE pm me where you got that bracket dude, im thinkin im gonna have to buy one, but im still gonna call local law enforcement because there is no specific law stating that it cannot be in the dash, im about to move outa town in about a month and a half and when i do so ill just take the bracket off and probably not put the front plate anywhere

Last edited:

Shadowfax

Established Member
Where I live, Alberta Canada, they don't even issue front plates anymore. You only get one plate. I think the government saves money on tin that way. Photo radar and red light cameras take pictures of the rear plate around here, they could care less what the front of your car looks like. So if I got ticketed in TX for no front plate, would I be guilty of that offence?

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
the state of Ct enforces the front license plate as of 2002 or something like that. I still don't want to punch holes in the front bumper, but I drove through a couple stops at on ramps on my way to work in my dd. I'm trying to come up with some other solution, but I think im SOL.

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
A guy on here -- TORQJNKY -- makes these brackets. They clamp to the inside of the bumper cover in the H/E opening.

Here's a link to his post (with pics): http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=446974&page=2

Pics on my car: (the bracket has a rubber bumper to keep the locknuts from hitting the paint)
platebracket1.jpg

Wingnuts for easy removal at cars shows, etc.
platebracket2.jpg

Last edited:

03dsgsnake

Established Member
A guy on here -- TORQJNKY -- makes the brackets. They clamp to the inside of the bumper cover in the H/E opening.

Here's a link to his post (with pics): http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=446974&page=2

Pics on my car: (the bracket has a rubber bumper to keep the locknuts from hitting the paint)
platebracket1.jpg

Wingnuts for easy removal at cars shows, etc.
platebracket2.jpg
thats what i just put on my car, ive been hassled so many times about plate i got tired of it, now i can driveby banging gears , loud bassanis and whipple whine cargasm!!!!!!!!! and at shows just unclamp easy.

04RiceEater

Established Member
Where I live, Alberta Canada, they don't even issue front plates anymore. You only get one plate. I think the government saves money on tin that way. Photo radar and red light cameras take pictures of the rear plate around here, they could care less what the front of your car looks like. So if I got ticketed in TX for no front plate, would I be guilty of that offence?

No, I dont think so. As long as your plate is not issued in that state it dosent matter. For example im in Alabama where no front plate is required and I can drive in Texas where front plates are required and I wont get a ticket for it.

AllVenom

Established Member

Only if you had your car registered in TX. You cannot be charged with the front license offense if your home state/country doesn't require it, just like you couldn't get zapped for emissions fines if you drove thru California with an out of state car.

Users who are viewing this thread