Pulled for no reason.

flsuprabro

Wannabe
Established Member
So I was driving in Lakeland Florida where me and my two best friends lived. We were driving along and saw a cop in front of us parked in a empty gas station. We came to the intersection with the cop and stopped at the stop sign. Meanwhile the guy in front of us runs it. Well we pull through the intersection and the cop begins to follow us. He then pulls us over not telling us what was going on or why we were pulled over. It was my car but my friend was driving it. The cop asked for his drivers liscence and mine but I did not have it on me. So he went back to his car and then came back 5 minutes later. He said ok your free to go. The only thing he told said was that my friend needed to fix a liscence plate bend. He did not ask for my registeration. He did not see that the car was not registered to my friend who was driving. He did not even ask for the registration. I was just wondering was that an illigal stop. I am not complaining I just wanted to know what was going on.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Yes it was legal as your license plate being bent was obstructed. A license plate often gets bent when quickly pulled off another car in a hurry. That alone was P.C. for the stop.

So, you got pulled over for a reason!

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
A license plate often gets bent when quickly pulled off another car in a hurry.

It's the reason we stop a lot of cars with bent plates, or with plates only held on with one screw. I've recovered a few stolen cars that way.

flsuprabro

Wannabe
Established Member
I was hit by a driver with out insurance and did not have the money to fix it. Also if what you said was true then he would have noticed that the guy driving did not match the liscence plate. That doesnt make sense.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Being hit by another driver and not having money to fix your car doesnt preclude you from straightening out your license plate yourself.

If you told him your name, which I am sure he asked you what it was after asking for ID, he found some relation to the registration of the car when he ran it and there was no need for further inquiry.

mkb116

Established Member
Maybe he stopped you because the car matched the description of something he was looking for? I'm positive he wasn't just bored and thought "Hey, lets stop someone for fun."

flsuprabro

Wannabe
Established Member
I still do not know why he let us go with out asking my name or asking whose car it was or asking for registeration and how he did not know that it wasnt stolen.

bones srt-4

yep,still a neon.
Established Member
running stop signs,failure to use turn signals, cutting ppl off, speeding through school zones are no longer offenses in my town. and yes i have discussed this with the mayor all he said was just call it in. well no crap, i have done this. turns out one of the ppl whom i called the cops on for consistently running the stop sign by my house is on the council. i called the cops even gave them his liscence plate # and all they said they can only do something if there is a wreck , so i told them fine when my kids are outside playing and they get ran over because the police refuse to do something about this a-hole they will have to haul me in cause i would kill his ass then sue the city for not doing something about this guy.
i have recently gotten new neighbors and learned that the guy is a police officer in the next town , i asked why he wasn't on this towns police force and he said because it was way too corrupt. hmmm, imagine that.
our city clerck earns the same amount of money that a neighboring city clerk earns and their city is 10 times bigger then ours.
this town needs an enema !!

Users who are viewing this thread