Pulled a half car on a cammed GT..

magRT496

Established Member
I have 98 z28 a4 with 3.23s slp lid, and loudmouth catback. i had my stock 16 inch wheels with 245's up front and chrome 17's with nitto 275 dr's out back. removed my back seats, spare tire and jack.

He has, and 01+GT 5spd, medium cams that make .550 lift but they arent tuned, offroad x-pipe, lt headers, and some other bolt ons such as accuab tb/intake. he had stock gt 17's with 245 street tires and stock gears.

He's my neighbor and weve been waiting awhile to do this. We decided on a 20mph roll because we knew there would be no traction for either of us. i gave him the hit and by the top his second/bottom of my first, my front bumper was at his rear tire but by 70ish the ls1 top end kicked in and i started pulling, by 90ish his front bumper was at my rear tire. Great race! he also had a passenger, removed upper back seat, and had a bad leg injury so his shifting was a tiny bit off. all in all, i say with a little quicker shifting and no passenger he would have held the lead and my front bumper would have been at his rear tire.

We had a 40 run which sucks ass for my auto tranny and he got me by 2 cars by 60.

Last run he turned his bottle on just to show me what he had with a 150 shot. LoL, we went from a 20 roll and by about 55 he had me by 3. i need some sauce.

Last edited:

BM1

Established Member
That GT must be slow for its mods if it only pulled an A4 LS1 by 3 cars with cams and a 150 shot. Are you sure he said 150 shot and not 50 shot?

Also, who drives around in a car with full bolt-ons, cams, and nitrous without a tune?

Last edited:

slverstang

Established Member
i dont think he said anything about juice. good race. maybe a tune will have him giving you a better race. and besides, ls1's are monsters

BM1

Established Member
slverstang said:
i dont think he said anything about juice.

magRT496 said:
Last run he turned his bottle on just to show me what he had with a 150 shot. LoL, we went from a 20 roll and by about 70 he had me by 3. i need some sauce.

:read:

wma8706

Established Member
sounds like the passenger mod made all the difference here...lol! Sounds like a drivers race here. He still might have the faster car here with all else being equal. I still gotta give the na GT props for hanging with your LS-1! LS-1's are beasts and give enough problems for Machs and NA cobras..sounds like this is a stout running GT!!!! ...good kill...:thumbsup:

magRT496

Established Member
wma8706 said:
sounds like the passenger mod made all the difference here...lol! Sounds like a drivers race here. He still might have the faster car here with all else being equal. I still gotta give the na GT props for hanging with your LS-1! LS-1's are beasts and give enough problems for Machs and NA cobras..sounds like this is a stout running GT!!!! ...good kill...:thumbsup:
his car runs pretty strong. And yea, without the passenger it would have definetely been even or he would have pulled me. if he got a nice tune, gears, and ported out the heads(says he hasnt touched them, but other people tell me he has) then it will be all over. hes looking for a vortech s trim or something along those lines right now. then im in trouble..

Users who are viewing this thread