Psychotic 350

crouton

Crunchy Cube
Established Member
Holy crap... I talk my fair share of smack about chevy's weak 305's... And most 350's are gutless. But I was driving around with my friend Mark in his 1997 GMC Extended Cab 1500 4x4.

We were just doing some burnouts and then I got my car and fooled around. First off, he has some misc. upgrades, like performance ignition and other engine mods, and he has a buit 700r transmission with some psycho gear ratios.

I was along side him and he jumped on it and got a bit of a head start on me, then I layed into the Mustang and caught up to him. Then the second time he started a bit early and I caught him by barely a wheel length! I was shocked at how fast that truck is. These were not the best races but it still showed how quick it was for a truck. Keep in mind, my Mustang runs a 14.5 (not too bad for a NA V6.)

All of this hassle coming from a bigger truck with 4wd, and 400,000 km's on it! Even though I was faster, it was close, so just remember to watch out for 350's with a few bolt ons. They can be very surprising. :rockon:

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
Holy crap... I talk my fair share of smack about chevy's weak 305's... And most 350's are gutless. But I was driving around with my friend Mark in his 1997 GMC Extended Cab 1500 4x4.

you obviously dont hang around the right crowd if you think most 350's are gutless... :rolling:

you think that truck is fast.. your gonna be absolutely in shock when you see some of the cars and trucks with 350s at my track run.....

14.5 outta your V6 n/a? what mods do you have? thats very impressive... i dont know that many V8 GT's of those years doing much better than that.

Last edited:

johnjib

Little '99 SVT
Established Member
Orr89rocz said:
14.5 outta your V6 n/a? what mods do you have? thats very impressive... i dont know that many V8 GT's of those years doing much better than that.

That is what i was thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread