PSA: Shelby Billet Caps Now Available to the Public

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I was lucky enough to acquire mine a while ago, without paying the extortionist prices some were asking. At the time, a number of others were looking for them (or something similar).

Here they are... http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/sh0069.htm

I'm not sure why but, ironically, Shelby's product page includes a picture of my engine bay. Too bad there are no royalties involved...

Kel

Established Member
I was lucky enough to acquire mine a while ago, without paying the extortionist prices some were asking. At the time, a number of others were looking for them (or something similar).

Here they are... http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/sh0069.htm

I'm not sure why but, ironically, Shelby's product page includes a picture of my engine bay. Too bad there are no royalties involved...

Thanks for the heads up, Norton, ordered yesterday :)

Please quit posting info like this, the NIB base/PP wheels available out of MI for a great price, etc. - too tempting! LOL

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I like them, but wish they didn't all have to say Shelby on them. It's an all or nothing thing though.....

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Man I bought those other caps for $550 and these I really wanted, but they were not available at the time

hostile500

Established Member
Are these the actual billet caps or plastic caps that go over your original caps? I have seen both. If they are billet ill be buying ASAP

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Are these the actual billet caps or plastic caps that go over your original caps? I have seen both. If they are billet ill be buying ASAP
They are all actual billet pieces. The Coolant and Oil "caps" fit over the factory plastic ones. The Brake and Washer caps, and Dispstick handle replace the factory pieces.

Backordered! Ugh...
:(

Kel

Established Member
Backordered! Ugh...

Sent from my XT1585 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Yep, thinking they'd ship out same day and got an Email from Dante:

"Good Afternoon,

We wanted to inform you the Shelby GT500 ENGINE CAP SET that you ordered are on Backorder. We expect them in within the next 2-3 weeks. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience!

Have a great day!"

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Wish these came reverse combo. Black with silver writing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Powder coat should be easy but I actually have real black ones from a GT-H edition I just put a vinyl sticker over. These were very pricey I'm going to buy some just to have around.
-J

RBB

Established Member
Anyone else not pleased with the fitment on these? Got mine in today and the washer cap is a little loose, but I don’t think it’s going anywhere. The master cylinder cap, however, you could blow on that thing and spin it off. Absolutely terrible....not running that on my car.

Edit - placed a large washer under the rubber diaphragm that’s transferred over and that seems to have done the trick. Pretty snug now.

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Got a pic or better description of washer?
I did not run master cap for same reason.
-J

RBB

Established Member
Got a pic or better description of washer?
I did not run master cap for same reason.
-J
Just your typical flat washer....had a few large ones in a junk drawer. You need something to place under the rubber diaphragm to take up a little more space. Any hardware store should have something suitable. Hell you could probably even place some double sided tape under the diaphragm to add a little thickness, I’m sure that would work as well.

Users who are viewing this thread