PS4 VS XBOX ONE...Release date is around the corner

04svtterm

Established Member
Hey guys,

I know a lot of discussions have already been made on this every so popular topic but most of them are dated before the big XBOX One news. so i guess this is just a newer version. Last thing i remembered was XBOX ONE was doing the whole online games and you have to log in once every 24 hours to continue to play, BUT they ended up changing that.

So what is the major difference between the 2 now?

I heard the PS4 has better hardware along with a cheaper price. Is that true? also what kind of exclusive games will PS4 and XBOX one have? I want to reserve my choice in the next week or so. I have a XBOX 360 figured id try PS4. change it up a bit. but not sure if XBOX one is worth a glance ...so figured id ask you guys. I know most of you are more plugged into the gaming realm than i.

Appreciate it guys!!

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Do you have children?

if so xbox all the way. (kinect FTW)

I think it will be 6 one way half a dozen the other.

I preordered a ONE but I have kids that love to play Kinect and want to see what the new offerings are.

Also Forza FTW.

Last edited:

LUBaseball2

Established Member
I haven't pre-ordered either one but I'm leaning Xbox One just because that is what all of my friends are on. I'm wondering if you don't pre-order one how hard they are gonna be to get.

Blown 89

Established Member
I'm leaning toward the Xbox because I feel that all Sony did was beef up their hardware for better graphics while Microsoft offers more than just better graphics than it's previous generation. Cloud computing for instance....Forza will be using it to do real time AI calculations that are apparently scary good. Then you have the kinect which has scary potential. It will monitor heart rates, joint movements, calculate calories and weight distribution on individual joints, and a whole host of unbelievable things. There's a youtube video of a developers demo that's worth checking out to see everything it can do. Where the old one was laggy and imprecise this one looks to be a gigantic leap forward.

That's the thing....the PS4 feels like a car company that took an old chassis and threw more horsepower at it where the Xbox feels like McLaren that reshaped the way things are done with spectacular results. Sure the McLaren isn't as pretty but it's a better car as a whole.

20redfire03

Established Member
I've preordered a Xbox One. Most of my friends play Xbox and none of the PS4 titles interest me. Also I enjoy FPS style games and to me the Xbox controller is hands down better for that.

Adiabatik

Banned
Preordered a One. Just offers so much more than the PS4.

I might pick up a PS4 down the line eventually.

bluestang41505

Established Member
Pre ordered a PS4 and game and a year of PS+ for the cost of the One by itself. Only had the original xbox, never had a 360. Everyone I know uses a ps or switched to ps. Any games I want to play that aren't on PS, ill just play on my gaming PC.

oneslo5.0

Established Member
I missed that "gap" I am 23 now and rarely(less the 12 hours a year) play games. I have always been more into outdoor stuff....

I won't buy either until the price drops ALOT.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
The AAA titles are coming from ps3 to PS4, and the fact that I can use a SSD drive...
I'm going ps4 first.

Xbone sometime down the line strictly for Forza. Maybe when they release an xbone slim.

alex3610

Established Member
I will probably end up with a PS4 just because I enjoy the PS3 I have now. In all reality though, I'd give each unit about a year for real next gen games to be developed to really get an idea what they can do. I bought my PS3 at launch and it took a while before games that weren't just updated PS2 games came out and really wowed me. Just my opinion.

Sick03Vert

Banned
I've got the Xbox One reserved...but I'm thinking about backing out. Not really because of anything wrong with the system, but that is a lot of cash to plunk down at once for me. I do want to play me some Forza though...really the only reason I'm considering going forward with it.

I hated Kinect..no desire for the new one, and the TV crap means nothing to me. However, all of my friends are on Live so I will probably stick with the Xbox.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Ordered a PS4...the deals sony is going to be signing with tv companies are going to make it sick.

Pay for only a package of channels or individual channels? heck yes.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
What are the pros of the Xbox One over the PS4? Every comparison I've seen, they seem fairly matched in everything but price.

1hot281

Established Member
Just buy both. They are both going to be awesome... and both have exclusive franchises and titles that will be worth owning.

kaotic

Established Member
Im going to eventually get an Xbox One, but not until they release a kinect-less bundle. I bought a kinect that is never used and im not interested in motion gaming, and PS4s exclusive don't really interest me very much even though it is said that it has more powerful hardware than the new xbox.

Kiohtee

Established Member
As hell-bent as I was on getting a PS4 just a little while ago, I'll probably get the new Xbox as I'm sure that's what the majority of my friends will be playing. Plus I don't know if I can make the trade back to Gran Turismo from the Forza series. Can't say I'm a fan of having to buy the Kinect though. I'll never use it, guaranteed.

Almighty-One

^_^
Established Member
I'm starting on the PS4 and will get a XBone later down the road

The PS4 has the better hardware and price and will have more games that I will play... the only moderatley looking game launching on XBone is Forza 5 but that will be a disappointment.

With all that said I won't get either for awhile as GTA5 will keep me entertained for a long while.

Users who are viewing this thread