PS3 news. (Outlaw please)

crazyj0n

Established Member
PS3 bested by older brother - plugged in - Yahoo! Games
* Step 1 - We admitted we were powerless over our addiction - that our lives had become unmanageable
* Step 2 - Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity
* Step 3 - Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood God
* Step 4 - Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves
* Step 5 - Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs
* Step 6 - Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character
* Step 7 - Humbly asked God to remove our shortcomings
* Step 8 - Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all
* Step 9 - Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others
* Step 10 - Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it
* Step 11 - Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood God, praying only for knowledge of God's will for us and the power to carry that out
* Step 12 - Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
if they cut to $300 ill prolly pick one up. I have no use for it for gaming though, aside from Guitar Hero/Rock Band, every game i can get for free and run on my gaming rig. PS3 has a very nice media interface too when hooking it up to a PC and using it as a home-theatre node.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
LOL...funny. thank you sir.

if you buy new...your looking at 400+

pawn shops....craigslist has plenty for 200 and up. i bought my 80 gig, 2 controllers and 10 games for 250.

suck it exbox.

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member
I own both, but NPD numbers have never shown the Ps3 over the Xbox360. That is a FACT, so with all of the rings of death, and overheating issues, people still prefer to purchase a Xbox360 over a PS3. Black and White.

APRIL NPD 2009
PlayStation 2 172K
PlayStation 3 127K
PSP 116K
Xbox 360 175K
Wii 340K
Nintendo DS 1.04M

FIT W/ BALANCE BOARD NINTENDO OF AMERICA Wii 471K
POKEMON PLATINUM VERSION NINTENDO OF AMERICA NDS 433K
MARIO KART W/ WHEEL NINTENDO OF AMERICA Wii 210K
PLAY W/ REMOTE NINTENDO OF AMERICA Wii 170K
THE GODFATHER II ELECTRONIC ARTS 360 155K
RESIDENT EVIL 5* CAPCOM USA 360 122K
NEW SUPER MARIO BROS NINTENDO OF AMERICA NDS 119K
MARIO KART DS NINTENDO OF AMERICA NDS 112K
GUITAR HERO AEROSMITH* ACTIVISION BLIZZARD (CORP) 360 110K
THE GODFATHER II ELECTRONIC ARTS PS3 91K

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
I own both, but NPD numbers have never shown the Ps3 over the Xbox360. That is a FACT, so with all of the rings of death, and overheating issues, people still prefer to purchase a Xbox360 over a PS3. Black and White.

APRIL NPD 2009
PlayStation 2 172K
PlayStation 3 127K
PSP 116K
Xbox 360 175K
Wii 340K
Nintendo DS 1.04M

think about that for a second and i will be right back.

ok, im back....imagine if xbox's didnt have the RROD and break as much as they do...would people still be buying them?

we dont have to replace ps3's

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
ok, im back....imagine if xbox's didnt have the RROD and break as much as they do...would people still be buying them?

What do you mean "Would they still be buying them?" They still ARE buying them. Do you think before you post?

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member

The only people that buy a new console when theirs is under warranty are idiots. The only people that have had to buy a new 360 from those problems have had to do so only within the past 6 months. Warranty for RROD is 3 years. Launch was late 05, so warranties for launch machines would have ran out in Nov. 08. Please try to tell me that millions of machines have been bought in that time frame due to failures that aren't within warranty coverage.

Think next time.

Last edited:

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member

You may want to rephrase your sentence? I think there are many people out there who have not and will not purchase and XBOX360 because of RROD. With that being said, if the RROD was not an issue the YEAR TO DATE sales for XBOX360 would be much much greater then it is now, and way ahead of PS3 sales. So even with RROD issues the XBOX360 sales still are greatly ahead of PS3, YTD/MTD.

I just want to add I am not a FANBOY, but have over seen and watched tons of crap ass post about PS3 vs. XBOX360. The proof to this WHOLE F'ing argument is in the sales numbers. Its all right there, black and white. They post them every month, and not once has PS3 out done XBOX360 sales. Last month 48,000 XBOX360 systems sold over PS3. That is ALOT! Hell you could even have an advantage and could say I bought it for the Blu-Ray, and still the numbers are not even close.

Last edited:

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
im just a sony guy....u catch hell at work here too.

subcontract comapany for microsoft...tonight we are replicating and producing several new XBOX games...i cannot say which tho.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Ouch. as I have always been saying. Sony needs to get off their collective ass and make the PS3 the epicenter of the home theater system. They just don't get it.

But both the Playstation 3 and PSP posted disappointing results, with the PS3 placing sixth with its worst performance in over 18 months, and the PSP limping in seventh with a total of 116,000 sales -- down over 30% on March's numbers.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
The only people that buy a new console when theirs is under warranty are idiots. The only people that have had to buy a new 360 from those problems have had to do so only within the past 6 months. Warranty for RROD is 3 years. Launch was late 05, so warranties for launch machines would have ran out in Nov. 08. Please try to tell me that millions of machines have been bought in that time frame due to failures that aren't within warranty coverage.

Think next time.

actually, hes got a valid point (outlaw, that is)...most people wont wait for their broken xbox to be fixed...they go out same day, buy a new one, send in their broken one to be fixed and just sell it when they get it back...this way they have no gaming down time

you see it on ebay ads, craigslist ads and I see it in the store quite often

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
I've had mine for 3 years no problems. If it RROD i'd be pissed but I only play (own) one game halo 3 and sony obviously doesn't make it.

Also xbox live is much better than sony's from what i've seen. I've only used sonys at friends houses though.

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member
actually, hes got a valid point (outlaw, that is)...most people wont wait for their broken xbox to be fixed...they go out same day, buy a new one, send in their broken one to be fixed and just sell it when they get it back...this way they have no gaming down time

you see it on ebay ads, craigslist ads and I see it in the store quite often

Sounds like a commitment to a system to me.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member

APRIL NPD 2009
PlayStation 2 172K
PlayStation 3 127K
PSP 116K
Xbox 360 175K
Wii 340K
Nintendo DS 1.04M

no one ever said people were smart. or informed about what they're purchasing.

Graves

Established Member
I don't see why people get so butt-hurt over a stupid video game system.

I've owned both. Never had problems with the 360, but sold it a few years ago because I was bored with the selection of games.

Picked up the PS3 about a year ago, and I love it. The Blu-Ray player is a huge positive also, as I love watching movies, and can take advantage of the system with my 52" 1080p, 120Hz flat screen.

FordMustangLove

Lame-o
Established Member
i think game consoles serve a good purpose, but some of your fan boys are beyond retarded. Pledging alignment to one game system is sad, why do you have to? They all have their niche games so why fight?

ethier way, pc is the one eye'd king

Users who are viewing this thread