PS3 internet question

Boosted T-4

GTFD
Established Member
I was wondering if anyone knows if I can connect my laptop to my ps3 while using a verizon internet card. I do not have dsl or cable at home and was wondering if I could get this to work?

Satyr

Established Member
Seeing as how they would be operating on different networks, I am not sure how.
What internet is the PS3 hooked up to if your laptop doesn't have a broadband connection?

Boosted T-4

GTFD
Established Member
I found a video and some people have done it. It is not letting me bring up advanced settings to share my connection. So I don't know how I can make it work.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
All you have to do is, go to your network connections and enable sharing (Internet Connection Sharing) for your air card connection. It will prompt you that this requires for your NIC's IP to be set to 192.168.0.1 tell it ok and it will make that change for you. Now you will also need to set your wireless router to 192.168.0.xxx and make sure that DHCP is turned off on the router, as ICS will act as a DHCP Server.

Boosted T-4

GTFD
Established Member
See that is my problem. I go to view staus, properties and when I click on advanced,nothing comes up. It will not let me bring up advanced settings. I am not sure how to get around this. I know it can be done but I am not sure how to do it.

Boosted T-4

GTFD
Established Member
Also I am trying to use my ethernet cord rather than wireless. I do have a router but was sure I could use mobile broadband and use the router for the playstation?

Users who are viewing this thread